With the best electronic signature tools, you can quickly and easily sign documents electronically with a legally binding signature.
This means that you can sign documents from anywhere, at any time, and on any just about device.
The days of having to print out documents, sign them with a pen, and then scan them back in are long gone.
Electronic signature tools can save you a ton of time and resources, making it easy to manage your signatures and keep track of who has signed what.
But with so many different e-signature tools and software out there today, how can you know which one is right for you and your business?
In this article, we’ll help you sort through the best electronic signature tools on the market and find the perfect solution for your needs.
We’ve reviewed and ranked all of the top e-signature software based on a range of key factors like features, price, and ease of use.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost for you, we might get a commission if you click the link and purchase.
What is the Best Electronic Signature Tool in 2023?
Here are our picks for the top e-signature software and apps worth trying.
jSign offers a fast, convenient, and secure way to sign, send, track, and collect electronic signatures for a range of applications.
jSign promotes itself as “the easiest way to electronically sign documents online” and we tend to agree.
jSign makes it super easy and affordable to sign, track, send, and collect legally-binding signatures electronically on a wide range of documents.
Plus, jSign has custom templates that you can use to streamline your signature process even further.
jSign also integrates with a number of popular software tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, and other apps, making it easy to store and manage your documents in one central location.
The platform is known to have top-tier blockchain technology, which makes it stand out amongst the others. API integrations and HIPPA compliance are also perks often not found in other options.
- Pricing options are much more affordable as compared to other platforms
- Electronic signatures can be verified within a few seconds with the help of Audit Trails
- Legally binding electronic signatures
- Documents can be uploaded and worked on in the same software
- Allows you to create multiple signature fields
- Guest parties can be invited to sign a document via their mouse, stylus, or other devices
- Issues notifications after every signature, so you can cross-check the document instantly
jSign pricing is very affordable with a few different plans to choose from:
- jSign: $9.99/month
- jSign Plus: $14.99/month
- jSign Pro: $19.99/month
- jSign Corporate: Custom Quotes
Click here to try jSign free for 14 days.
signNow stands out from other e-signature software because of its value-driven plans and powerful API that allows you to integrate the software into your existing workflows.
As one of the best electronic signature software tools out there, the platform makes it easy to manage all of your documents and signatures in one central location, and you can even invite others to sign documents electronically with just a few clicks.
signNow’s API is also particularly popular because it allows integration with multiple portals such as CRM, payroll systems, ERP systems, etc. The best part about this platform is that every plan has an unlimited number of templates!
You don’t need to design or create documents from scratch because the signNow template library has you covered.
- No code is required for digital signatures
- The user interface is very easy to understand
- Allows signee reminders so that you can regularly keep your clients in the loop
- API lets you connect signNow with your favorite apps
- Documents can be merged within the software
- Enterprise-grade security ensures that your electronic signatures are kept confidential
- Can easily be used for complex e-signature workflows
signNow pricing and plans include:
- Business: $8/month
- Business Premium:$15/month
- Enterprise: $30/month
- airSlate Business Cloud: $50/month
DocuSign is another one of the leading platforms when it comes to e-signatures. You can enclose multiple documents in digital envelopes and comprehensively send them so that there’s no chance left of mishaps.
The best part about DocuSign is that it’s not limited to a specific industry; you can be related to HR, have a business, or just need an e-signature tool for freelancing; DocuSign has you covered. Its policies are aligned with multiple laws and regulations, so you don’t have to worry about your signatures being unsafe.
- Constant visibility status to keep track of the electronic signatures required by other parties
- Can be operated in more than 40 languages
- Allows you to design and store templates for later use
- The mobile app allows you to sign documents from your phone
- Provides you with a built-in storage
- No limit to signatures in many plans
- A good amount of envelopes are provided every month
- Quick-view options help you analyze and edit documents without going too deep into the details
- Report features help you keep a record of all the edits and signatures made to your document
Here are the details of the pricing offered by DocuSign:
- Personal – $10/ month
- Standard – $25/ month
- Business Pro – $40/ month
4. Adobe Sign
This e-signature platform is known for having tough security and verification processes to provide you with a secure, safe experience.
What makes Adobe Sign one of the best electronic signature software tools out there today?
The best part about Adobe Sign is that it can easily be integrated with Microsoft and Adobe platforms like Microsoft Teams, Word, Powerpoint, etc. This means that you don’t need any bridges when you’re switching between the platform you’re designing or reading the document in and the software you’re using for signatures.
Adobe Sign also comes with a 30-day free trial which means that you can work around every feature and see if the platform is compatible with your requirements.
- Signatures can be requested by third parties.
- Regular reminders and notifications help you keep up with your desired timelines
- Allows bulk signatures which prove to be very handy for businesses
- Allows you to create online forms that support digital signatures
- Supports custom branding, which can be useful for designing documents from scratch
- Multiple authentications ensure confidentiality
Adobe Sign has curated two plans for its users
- Individual: $12.99/month
- Team: $14.99/mo. per user
PandaDoc is an electronic signature tool that is particularly known for its swift performance. The platform claims to reduce working hours by a large margin by just providing a few features unmatched by other platforms. The API availability allows you to integrate the tool with any site or app you like.
For example, if you need to sign a document on Google Docs or Sheets, you don’t have to log in to your PandaDoc account. All you need is to authorize the PandaDoc extension, and it’ll take care of the rest.
PandaDoc is also one of the few software out there that cares to meet security standards. From ESIGN to UETA, you don’t have to worry about protecting your data because PandaDoc has multiple systems like these to ensure the utmost safety!
- Can support a wide range of integrations
- Specific features help you negotiate on the contracts you’re working
- Allows you to approve and manage workflows
- More than 400 pre-designed templates are available, making it an easy-to-use electronic signature solution
- Fields can be easily customized according to your preferences
- Live analytics help you study the progress and status of your documents
Aside from the free version, PandaDoc has two pricing plans:
- Essentials: $19/month
- Business: $49/month
HelloSign is more aimed at businesses because of its large-scale features. This electronic signature software is the best option when it comes to collaborative work. A single document can be shared with up to 20 people, who can either develop it further or add their signature and send it back.
HelloSign is also known for its safety features which are often termed as ‘iron-clad’ because of their efficiency. The best thing about HelloSign is its user interface- whether you’re a fresh employee or the CEO, you can easily get around making the most of the platform.
- API compatibility helps you add the software as an extension to multiple platforms
- Up to 17 file formats are easily supported
- Audit Trails ensure verified signatures
- Templates can be customized and stored
- Integration with multiple Google platforms such as Drive, Gmail, and Docs opens a wide range of possibilities
- Two-factor authentications make sure that your signatures and data are protected at all times
- Document status can be tracked at all times
- Supports business brandings
Here’s a comprehensive insight into HelloSign’s pricing and plans:
- Essentials: $15/ month
- Dropbox Pro + eSign: $24.99/month
- Standard: $25/month
Want a solution for digital signatures but don’t want to get into a monthly commitment? eSignatures.io has you covered! The platform allows you to pay for every individual document so that you can pay as you go. This makes it a more flexible electronic signature solution for some users.
Businesses around the world use this electronic signature tool for bulk documents, but this particular feature does give it an edge amongst freelancers as well!
Apart from the single document leverage, you can also send a demo document to yourself. This helps you understand the platform better and also lets you test its functions. If you don’t have a steady workflow, then getting a tool monthly might be a ripoff for you. Consider eSignatures.io and get the option of paying only when you’re using the platform!
- Contracts can be sent directly via SMS
- Documents can be sent in bulk for signatures
- SIgner fields can be added to documents to get more information from your signers
- Zapier integration helps you connect with your clients on a larger scale
eSIgnatures.io only charges you $0.49 for every document sent.
8. OneSpan Sign
If you feel comforted by the idea that the platform you’re using is the choice of many multinational firms, OneSpan Sign is your answer. Used widely by BMW and even the US army, this platform has all the features you need for a smooth e-signing experience.
OneSpan sign caters to both small and large-scale businesses with its wide variety of features. The flexibility of the tool also allows you to operate the platform from three different computers, which in turn increases efficiency.
- No set number of templates; use as many as you want!
- Authentication can be done via emails or specifically serrated questions
- Audit trails are much more detailed and advance
- Allows video signing
- Multiple integrations are available such as Salesforce, SharePoint, Workday, etc.,
- White labeling and custom branding can be requested in the Enterprise plan
- Supports both public and private clouds
- Documents can support reporting and tracking
Aside from the free demo and Sandbox account, OneSpan Sign has two plans:
- Professional: $22/month
- Enterprise: Custom Quotes
As the name suggests, this platform is one of the easiest to work with options out there. Signeasy gives you cloud-based access so that you can digitally sign your document from whichever device you want.
Signeasy is also particularly famous for individual use, so if you want a signing solution for personal needs, this platform might just be the answer for you.
Its easy interface and wizard guides help you successfully navigate through the platform, making it a popular choice amongst newbies.
- Allows in-person signatures
- Lets you reuse templates
- Document progress can be tracked throughout
- The tool can be operated from any device
- Supports multiple file formats, including PDF, Word, Excel, Open Office, PNG, and many more
- More than ten drag and drop data fields are available
- Envelopes can store multiple documents for an organized experience
- Documents can be uploaded directly from cloud storage
Signeasy offers four plans:
- Essential: $10/month
- Team: $15/user/month
- Business: $30/user/ month
- Business Plus: $60/user/month
10. Zoho Sign
If you want a one-stop electronic signature solution, Zoho Sign is an excellent option.
The robust features and military-level encryption make the platform an obvious choice for many businesses and individuals and one of the best electronic signature software tools available today.
Zoho Sign is compliant with all the laws regarding electronic signatures so that you can sign your documents without worrying about your signatures getting leaked.
Its Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technology helps users verify documents thoroughly to avoid scams and blunders. The platform can also be integrated across multiple portals so that it becomes your go-to whenever you need to authorize a form or a contract.
- No limit to the number of documents in the Professional and Enterprise plans
- Deliveries via SMS can be easily facilitated for quick response.
- CRM, Desk, Books, Invoice, Inventory, People, Recruit, Workerly, Writer, Contracts, Qntrl, Creator, and many others can easily be integrated with Zoho Sign
- Provides you with automatic cloud backup
Aside from the free version, Zoho Sign also has premium plans that charge based on the number of digital signature credits you use.
A Final Word on the Best Electronic Signature Tools
If you’re ready to kiss paperwork goodbye, then these electronic signature tools are definitely worth checking out.
Electronic signature software can streamline your workflow, save you time and money, and protect your documents with world-class security and encryption.
Remember, many of these digital signature tools are totally free to try, so you’ve got nothing to lose by giving them a shot.
Testing out a few different products at no cost is a great way to find the best electronic signature software for your needs.
Have any questions about our guide to the best electronic signature tools? Let us know by leaving a comment below.