With the best invoice software, your business can save time and money managing your payment collections process.
Invoicing software is essential for businesses of all sizes.
Not only does it make it easy to create and send invoices, but it also helps businesses to keep track of their finances.
By tracking payments and expenses, invoicing software can help businesses to stay on top of their budget and make better financial decisions.
In addition, invoicing software can also be used to create detailed reports, which can help business owners to identify trends and make changes in their business strategy.
Of course, there are tons of invoicing programs out there, and not all of them are created equal. Choose the wrong one and you could end up doing more harm than good.
We’ve reviewed and ranked the best invoicing tools based on a number of important factors, including cost, ease of use, features, scalability, customer reviews, and more.
What is the Best Invoice Software?
Here are our picks for the top invoicing software tools worth trying now…
1. Zoho Invoice
Zoho Invoice is a powerful free invoicing software that makes it easy for your business to create professional invoices, send payment reminders, track expenses, log billable hours, and get paid fast.
Zoho is our favorite invoicing software with its free invoicing and user-friendliness.
Zoho Invoice is comprehensive, yet easy to use.
The software allows you to monitor projects and billable hours, provide estimates, track expenses, create detailed reports, and generate customized bills from approved estimates or projects.
An integrated password-protected client portal makes it simple to contact your clients and obtain billing permission.
- Bill several customers simultaneously
- Invoice reports provide valuable insights.
- Design Invoices, retainers, and credit notes.
- Adjust for local currencies, languages, and tax laws.
- Keep consumer information safe.
- Automatically sent payment reminders.
- 24/7 online payment collection
- Accept cash, checks, and bank transfers as payment methods.
- Work together with your team, add several users and provide them access.
- Efficient time, expense tracking, and project management
- Allow consumers to accept/decline estimates
- Allows integration with other business apps
- Use any device to access native invoicing software.
Click here to try Zoho Invoice for free!
- Self-employee: $7.50 per month
- Simple start: $12.50 per month
- Essentials: $20 per month
- Plus: $35 per month
- Advanced: $75 per month
QuickBooks is specially designed as a highly integrated cloud accounting software, so you can have all your finances in one place.
The fact that QuickBooks allows you to schedule recurring payments and sales tax makes it very handy for small businesses with few employees.
While it is not the cheapest option as you climb up, it is user-friendly and excellent for tracking time, expenses, and income.
- Create and deliver personalized invoices, sales receipts, and estimations.
- To save time, schedule recurring payments.
- Keep track of your sales, expenses, and profits.
- Keep track of and manage your sales tax.
- Transact in several currencies
- Make purchasing orders.
- Monitor the profitability of a project or job.
- Early PlanPlan: $12/month
- Growing PlanPlan: $34/month
- Established: $65/month
Xero offers businesses time-saving and 24/7 support. It doesn’t limit the number of clients and provides security and reliability to its customers.
Their primary objective is to assist small businesses to succeed by offering a wide range of benefits.
To access project and cost monitoring, you must subscribe to the most expensive PlanPlan ($65 per month).
- Create professional, custom-designed invoices with ease.
- Create recurring bills.
- With personalized emails to your customers, you can automate invoice payment reminders and get paid faster.
- Directly accept payments online with a debit or credit card, or through PayPal
- You may create and submit invoices directly from your phone or tablet when you finish a job.
- Allows consumers to pay online with a debit, credit card, or PayPal account.
- Lite: $6/month (After four-months discounted price: $15 per month)
- Plus: $12/month (After four-months discounted price: $30 per month)
- Premium: $22/month (After four-months discounted price: $55 per month)
- Custom pricing is also available
FreshBooks is a small business and freelancer-focused invoicing, time tracking, and expense tracking software.
FreshBooks allows you to track and log time and effortlessly interact with your team. It provides users with customizable invoices, periodic billing, and auto-payment options.
Clients can pay with a credit card or ACH, making it a win-win situation for business owners and clients.
- Create and send an unlimited invoice, and automate recurring bills.
- Keep track of the client’s progress on invoices
- Late fees are added automatically.
- Accept credit card payments online
- Create and deliver estimates professionally
- Simple reports and dashboards provide business insights.
- Options for multiple languages invoicing
- Compatible with several types of devices
- Simple time and project tracking that is synchronized to invoicing
- Free: $0/month
- Plus: $20/month
Square Invoices offers a simple and well-organized UI.
There is only one invoice template, but you may personalize it by changing the colors and adding your logo.
Square’s straightforward approach to payment processing is mirrored in its billing solutions, making it an ideal choice for business owners searching for software that can accomplish both.
- Save, charge credit cards on file, and collect deposits
- Set up automated payment reminders.
- Create milestone-based payment schedules
- Customize invoice and contract
- Send estimates and contracts
- Provide alternatives with multi-package estimates and convert approved estimates to invoices automatically.
- Keep track of projects.
- Share project status with customers
- Real-time tracking of cash flow, estimations, invoices, and payments
- Generate reports, store and manage your Customer Directory.
- Instantly transfer cash for a fee and issue refunds.
- Essential: $26 per month
- Work hub: $37 per month
- Sales hub: $63 per month
- Ultimate: Price on request
Scoro provides the tools you need to manage all areas of your business, including projects, clients, and invoicing. Instead of moving between worksheets and emails, controlling everything in a single solution can save you endless hours. Create appealing invoices, send automated payment reminders, and get compensated faster.
- Create and easily deliver personalized sales, prepayment, and credit invoices and quotations.
- Design eye-catching invoices.
- Make recurring payments to save time on monthly bills.
- Set up automated overdue reminders to ensure that you get paid on time.
- Get a detailed breakdown of each client’s or project’s profitability.
- A fully interconnected digital workplace that enables your team members to interact easily from anywhere.
- View all critical information on a real-time dashboard, such as issued invoices and expected monthly income.
- Track progress and distribute reports to your teams.
- Free software. Payment charges applicable
- The fee is only on the payroll package and advisory
Wave Payments is an invoicing and payment processing software that allows businesses to accept online payments, bill clients through email, and keep track of income records. It is inexpensive for small businesses because it is free.
Wave is ideal for small enterprises (1 to 9 employees).
With Wave, you minimize outstanding invoices, maintain track of your money, and get paid more quickly.
- In seconds, you can create and circulate professional, personalized invoices, estimates, and receipts.
- Manage client data and run automated backups in the cloud.
- Unlimited bills and bookkeeping
- To automate your billing, set up recurring invoices.
- Invoices may be created and sent in any currency.
- Payment reminders are sent automatically to guarantee on-time payment.
- Keep track of your invoices and payments
- Accept credit cards to be paid more quickly.
- Receiving scanning tools and bank interfaces can keep track of your income and spending.
8. Pay Simple
- $69.95 / month
- Custom pricing for processing more than $50000
PaySimple offers a suite of cloud-based tools to assist you in accepting payments, billing clients, tracking customer information, and setting up recurring payment systems – all of which are entirely configurable and require no specialist expertise.
Save frequently sold goods or services and client information to construct a quick invoice for each billing cycle.
- Create and send personalized invoices and recurring bills easily.
- Include digital payment forms with click-to-pay buttons directly in your email template.
- ACH Payment Processing
- Billing through subscription.
- A dashboard for tracking invoices in real time.
- Reporting in Real Time
- Reminders and receipts for unpaid invoices are sent automatically.
- Generate Customised reports
- Starter Plan: $5.99/month
- Professional Plan: $9.99/month
- Premium Plan: $39.99/month
Invoice2go offers a robust invoicing software mobile app making it easier to create customized professional invoices on the go. This software helps its customers with expense tracking, invoice templates, estimations, time tracking, and purchase order management.
Invoices can be sent in various methods, including SMS and mobile apps.
A cloud-based desktop application is also available.
- Create and send professional invoices easily.
- Enable online payments to receive money faster.
- Get small business banking with significant benefits.
- Invoices can be sent through SMS, email, Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp.
- Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Invoice monitoring allows you to know when your clients view your invoices.
- Manage all of your projects in one location.
- Gain insights and track your company’s success.
- Gusto allows you to run your payroll on autopilot.
- Sync invoice, customer, and inventory data automatically.
- Professional estimates will help you win more jobs.
- Ask for feedback and establish a reputation.
10. Sage 50c
- Sage Accounting Start: $10 per month
- Sage Accounting: $7.50 per month (70% off for the first 6 months).
Sage is a prominent provider of business management software and services to small and medium-sized enterprises. Sage 50c was introduced in 2016.
Sage’s dashboard displays outstanding and late bills, quotations and estimates, net revenues, and a variety of other important data.
The content is structured in a scannable, easy-to-understand style explicitly created for non-accountants, freelancers, and first-time business owners.
- Invoices can be created, edited, and sent directly from your software.
- Track your cash flow by immediately connecting to your bank account and recording sales and receipts in real time.
- Make professional quotations.
- View extensive reporting and dashboards.
- Keep track of the project’s income, costs, and profit.
- Trade in a variety of currencies.
- Extensive customer assistance, including 24-hour customer service
- Simple-to-use UI with a low learning curve
- Data synced to the cloud.
30-Day Free Trial
- Self: $9.00 for 1 user and no support.
- Pro: $19.00 for 2 users and 1-on-1 support.
- Plus: $29.00 for 3 users and 1-on-1 support.
- Team: $69.00 for 7 users and 1-on-1 support.
- Unlimited: $169.00 for unlimited users and 1-on-1 support.
OneUp is online accounting software specifically designed for small businesses with sales teams that require inventory management solutions.
OneUp allows you to create and distribute quotations and sales orders, convert them to invoices, track bills, manage projects, and track inventory.
It employs AI technology to improve bank reconciliation and includes CRM capabilities for your sales staff to follow up on leads.
- Design and send customized invoices in just a click.
- OneUp connects to your bank and automates 95% of your accounting tasks.
- When your invoice is complete, send it directly to your customer’s mailbox using OneUp’s built-in email system.
- The Customer Payments page displays which invoices are approaching their due date.
- Receive email alerts right before customer payments are due.
12. BillQuick Online
- Professional Plan: $19.95 per user each month
- Enterprise Plan: $24.95 per user each month
BillQuick is used by businesses to enhance project management and invoicing procedures. BillQuick is an invoicing software designed for small businesses. Project management, time tracking, and accounting tools are among the features.
BillQuick Online is intended for mobile professionals. You can manage time and expenses while working on your projects and billing anytime, anyplace, whether you’re working remotely or at a client’s office.
- Create a variety of invoice kinds, including % complete, hourly, joint, recurring, fixed, phased, and others.
- 180 templates, batch processing, automated PDF production, and the option to alter processed invoices
- Allows users to print and email invoices with a single click, one at a time or in batches, and attach receipts and images to each invoice
- Make Time Entries from To-Do Lists
- Keep track of your personal time off, overtime, compensation, sick time, vacation, and holidays.
- 1 user- 2 active projects: Free
- Unlimited users and projects: $12/month ($10.80/month when billed annually)
Harvest tracks time and billing, allowing you to convert work hours into invoices. You can automatically generate invoices from your monitored billable time and costs. You may also build a free-form invoice by hand.
Harvest is a good bet if you run a service/project-based business and require project management assistance.
Harvest enables project team members to document their hours and costs in detail frequently inside project managers’ applications.
- Invoices created are automatically generated from costs monitored
- Reminders and thank-you letters are sent automatically.
- Accounting software integrations
- All-in-one solution for invoicing, time tracking, expenditure monitoring, and project management.
- Send invoices with a few mouse clicks and track when clients view them.
- The Stripe and PayPal connections allow your clients to pay invoices in a matter of seconds.
- Client payment reminders are sent automatically.
- Other team members can be added to projects by project managers so that they can track their own time and costs inside Harvest.
- Free PlanPlan: $0 per month
- Starter Plan: $8 per month
- Pro Plan: $15 per month
- Growth Plan: $36 per month
Zervant is a unique invoicing start-up founded in 2010. It focuses on financial software for small and medium-sized enterprises. The software offers the most outstanding invoicing features and benefits to small businesses throughout Europe. It takes less than 30 seconds to produce an invoice, allowing you to send as many as you like for free.
- Create and send personalized invoices, quotations, and estimates easily.
- Set up automated recurring invoices
- Credit and delivery notes
- Payment reminders are sent automatically
- Link your hours to your invoices in one step
- Send invoices by postal mail and email.
- You may send your invoices in any format you like, including paper, email, or PDF.
- Payment plans can be tailored and scheduled.
- Five languages are supported.
- VAT Options exist
- SSL data encryption while exporting financial data
- Starter Plan: $10 per month
- Business Plan: $22 per month
- Business + Payroll: $29 per month
KashFlow is an accounting and invoicing solution that is simple to use and free of jargon. It is straightforward to use and quick and simple to set up.
KashFlow is intended to make operating a small business (or a more prominent company) easier without requiring accounting or bookkeeping skills.
With KashFlow, you can convert quotations to invoices with a single click. This saves time by eliminating the need to copy and paste quotations.
- Set recurring bills and customize, modify, send, or print your invoices.
- With one click, you can go from quote to invoice.
- Schedule automatic billing and reminders.
- You can connect your invoices to one of our partners (such as PayPal), and your clients will be able to pay you instantly with a single click.
- Automate outstanding bills, so your customers receive reminders at specified intervals until they pay.
- You can automate the sending of regular bills and repeat your previous invoices.
- Fill in the price, description, and VAT rate at predetermined intervals until they are paid.
A Final Word on the Best Invoice Software
It’s all about innovative business practices in the digital age. It’s time to leave your stack of slips and receipts behind and shift to smart invoicing.
We recommend Zoho Invoice as the best invoicing software. Take advantage of its advanced analytics and insights alongside its seamless digital invoicing. Digitally sign off on invoices and make your life easier today.
Tracking your spending is critical to running a successful business. It’s now easier than ever to manage your reimbursable costs and charge your clients using Zoho Invoice.
Click here to try Zoho Invoice for free.
Have any questions about our guide to the best invoice software? Let us know by commenting below.