Are you wondering how to sign a PDF electronically?
Long gone are the days of having to print out a document, sign it with a pen, and then scan it back in to send.
Thanks to the best electronic signature tools, you can quickly and securely sign a PDF right from your computer and share it with anyone.
As a beginner, you may find it overwhelming to use an eSignature tool to sign documents on your computer or mobile device.
We’ve prepared this guide on how to electronically sign a PDF, breaking the whole process down in a simple, easy-to-follow format.
How To Sign A PDF Electronically
So, how can you add a signature to a PDF document?
The best thing to do is to use an electronic signature tool that will allow you to sign a PDF (or any other type of document) with just a few clicks.
In this guide, we’ll be talking about how to sign PDFs using our favorite electronic signature tool, jSign, but most of these steps will apply to any tool you use.
Create an account on jSign. You can try jSign free for 14 days.
After your account is created, just upload the document you want to sign.
jSign supports all commonly used file formats i.e. DOCX, DOC, PDF, PPTX, XLSX, PPT, XLS, BMP, JPEG, JPG, and PNG.
The next step is to add your signature, and this can be done through multiple methods.
You could just type your name and then choose any preferred format that you want your electronic signature to look like.
Secondly, you can use the draw option i.e. you can draw your signature with the help of a mouse, touchscreen, or trackpad and can choose any color after checking the preview.
Lastly, you can also save your signature and directly upload it in any other format on your computer.
Once you have a saved signature in jSign, you don’t need to upload it every time you want to sign a document. You can sign PDFs and other docs going forward with just a click.
Save the PDF document after signing it. To email, the signed document to yourself or any additional signers, click ‘Finish’.
Next, you will be notified in real-time when the document is received and signed by the intended recipients along with a link to download the signed version.
Make Electronic Signing Smooth With jSign
The best option for people seeking a reliable online signing solution is jSign, which lets you conveniently and securely sign and return documents without ever having to print them out.
Now, you might be wondering why one should choose jSign over other options. jSign stands out from other E-signature tools due to several outstanding features.
And for your convenience, we have compiled all of jSign’s notable features below. Without further ado, let’s dive in!
- Sign & Send Files Faster–On your computer, laptop, or phone, you may quickly sign PDFs, agreements, official papers, and bills online. To obtain approvals, jSign eliminates the need to print, scan, or fax documents.
- Real-Time Updates–Receive a timely notification after your documents have been signed. As soon as online signatures are completed, you’ll get an email.
- Set Deadlines & Reminders–You can add reminders and deadlines when you send someone a document to sign. This is especially useful when everyone is running errands during office hours and may miss a deadline to sign. You’ll also get a notification as soon as the recipient has signed.
- Legally Compliant with Electronic Signatures–All significant e-Signature laws, such as UETA and the ESIGN Act, are adhered to by jSign. In legal conflicts, electronic signatures can be used as evidence. HIPAA compliance allows you to use jSign with confidence for medical papers. Additionally, it makes use of several other security features such as blockchain stamping and detailed audit trails to ensure the validity of signatures and the enforceability of your papers.
- Management of Documents in the Cloud–All of the papers you sign with jSign are immediately saved in the cloud. For the duration of your subscription, you can store and readily access your signed documents online. There will be no chance of misplacing essential documents that you need later.
- Use of Blockchain Technology–Blockchain safeguards the legitimacy and authenticity of papers by preventing any type of tampering. It tracks every step of the online signature process, from document generation to signing.
- Use of Geo Location–Geo Location records the precise GPS location of an electronic signature on a document and determines whether it came from a desktop computer or a mobile device. Additional evidence of the signer’s legitimacy might be provided by checking out the exact location of the signer.
A Final Word on Signing PDFs Electronically
No matter what type of PDF you need to sign, from contracts to sales invoices, it’s super easy to do so electronically thanks to tools like jSign.
Electronic signature tools take the stress out of dealing with paperwork by letting you conveniently sign and return documents without ever having to print them out.
With jSign, you can quickly sign PDFs, agreements, official papers, and bills online from your computer, laptop, or phone. Plus, you’ll get real-time updates and reminders when documents are due. And because jSign is legally compliant with electronic signatures, you can use it with confidence knowing that your documents will be enforceable in court.
So if you’re ready to make signing PDFs electronically a breeze, sign up for jSign free for 14 days today!
Have any questions about how to sign a PDF electronically? Let us know by leaving a comment below.