Thinking of trying signNow for your electronic signature needs? While our signNow review details many of the great features the platform offers, there’s another feature the company offers that’s worth its own look: the comprehensive eSignature API!
signNow has been a popular choice for businesses looking for a solution for digital signatures, but did you know that the platform can also help you sync electronic signature workflows with several other software?
That’s right. signNow is one of the few platforms that allow you to implement e-signatures across multiple sites without hassle.
You can also put the platform to the test in a Sandbox environment to get a better understanding of things. The best thing about this platform is that apart from making signing easy, it also provides you with many other features that make business dealings smooth.
If you also shift when a website asks for your signature, consider investing in signNow because its eSignature API feature helps you digitally sign anywhere in just a few seconds!
Confused about what API is and how it can be beneficial for you? Keep reading to find all your answers.
What Is An E-Signature API?
The abbreviation API stands for “Application Programming Interface” which means a set way of navigating around different sites/apps.
Having an API means having a code that bridges the distance between two software products.
When you need two websites or apps to interact, you must have an interface compatible with both.
How does this work, though? Let’s break it down:
- You put in the request for two applications, A and B, to work together.
- Application A sends a request to Application B to begin working on your command.
- API comes into action by translating the needs of Application A to Application B with the help of specified codes.
- Application B responds by providing Application A with the data it requires
signNow works on a similar principle. The software works as a language between two applications, resulting in better Performance. Because of the signNow eSignature API, you can directly sign documents using any application you like. Once you’ve bought a signNow subscription, you can sync it with the applications you regularly use instead of going separately through the signNow application or software.
Why Use signNow?
Syncing signNow with different applications not only saves you a lot of time otherwise spent on shuffling between apps, but it also makes e-signatures convenient.
You can set up automatic functions in your apps that help you get things done quickly and efficiently.
signNow has catered to around 16.5 billion API calls, so you know that you’re getting into quite a fruitful ride with this e-signing platform. You don’t have to worry about working around different websites or CRM systems now because signNow has you covered with its API features.
In the case of CRMs, it becomes a great hassle to keep switching between applications to get a couple of signatures. Not if you’re using signNow, though, because this platform allows you to send multiple signatures invites simultaneously. Instead of printing, faxing, or sending many reminder emails, you can use signNow to receive and send digitally signed documents.
Many software developers have now prioritized introducing compatibility with signNow in all the products they develop. This boosts sales because people worldwide have started taking a paperless approach, increasing the need for digital signatures.
As a software developer, you don’t have to do much, though, because the signNow API has a vast library of features that can easily blend with your product. signNow has a solution for every business and product from the multiple programming languages available to the scales.
E-Signature integration is making rounds amongst the masses because it can facilitate businesses and individual developers. What makes it stand out amongst other e-signature options, though? Here’s the answer:
- Quick and Efficient–The conventional methods and old-school techniques might have you sit at a desk for hours but not signNow because ten minutes is all it takes! Create a Sandbox account, get familiar with the features, and you’d be on your way to building excellent integrations in no time!
- Features–signNow is particularly known for the vast toolset it provides, along with its suitability for all kinds of people. It doesn’t matter if you’re a small/large-scale business or just an employee looking to make his life easy; signNow can largely contribute to your professional growth on all levels.
- User Experience–The platform provides you with an experience unmatched by other platforms. From REST and SOAP implementations to the vast range of programming languages available, there’s no way that when you summon upon a feature, it won’t be available on signNow!
- Economic Pricing Plans–Does the idea of an all-rounding platform available for free excite you?If yes, then signNow will surprise you with its pricing plans because the basic version is free to use for developers! Users interested in the signNow API can create a free Sandbox account, allowing them almost 250 signature invites. If the platform proves to be a convenient solution for you, then you can go on to buy their subscription starting at $84/month. The pricing depends on the number of signatures, so make sure you know your requirements and choose a plan accordingly.
- Stable Performance–Since signNow API was created, it has maintained an excellent uptime of 99.9%. The Performance is also monitored 24/7, which guarantees a smooth experience.
What is signNow Good For?
signNow is a popular choice for e-signatures, and its other features often get sidelined. If you want to purchase signNow, though, have a look at all the perks you’re going to get in the deal:
This feature designs documents from scratch that can be shared with multiple people. This makes data collection easy because you must share a link and wait for the other party to fill in the relevant information. Be it conditional, payment, or smart fields, signNow can help you design any document while also allowing you to play around with text, date, initials, and much more!
With signNow, you can send any document and have it filled with the automatic features. You can organize your documents whichever way you wish to send them, either as individual links or bulk files. You can also design and store some templates so that you don’t have to make a document from scratch every time.
Digitally Signed Documents
Send and receive documents to easily add signatures. You can send freeform invites, shareable links, or even create role-based signature invites. signNow also allows you to set up password-protected documents so that your signatures are not misused, or your document does not get into the wrong hands. Payment fields can also be added to your documents so that your clients are reminded to clear out their dues.
signNow allows you to track your documents directly to record your progress. You can see when a document was sent for signing and whether it has been signed yet or not. Audit history is also available if you want to return to something after completing a document.
Along with allowing you to create and design documents within the software, signNow also allows multiple storage facilities. You can store your file anywhere, from your device to cloud-based storage to CRM.
signNow has a set of collaborative tools that allow you to work with your team simultaneously. Multiple people can access and work on the same document for increased efficiency, and you can also add a branding logo on your documents so that they don’t go anywhere outside the workforce.
How To Use The signNow API
Approximately 21.7k API Sandbox accounts have been successfully created to test the platform’s capabilities.
The best thing about the signNow eSignature API is that you don’t need external help navigating the platform. Everything is self-explanatory, and you can test the API functions even if you don’t have any technical knowledge.
You can also create an API account for free at the start. Once you’ve got the hang of how things work, you can upgrade your account and purchase a subscription; but until then, enjoy the e-signature integrations for free by following these steps:
1. Sandbox Account
- Launch the signNow website and click on “Create my API Sandbox.” An activation link will be sent to the email you’ve mentioned; follow the steps mentioned in the email and set up a password to access your account.
2. Familiarize With The Dashboard
- After logging in to your account, your API Dashboard will be the first thing you see every time. Don’t hesitate to explore and familiarize yourself with all the tools.
- Open the ‘Keys’ tab on the dashboard.
- The test app will be right in front of you; click on it.
- All relevant data will be displayed, including Client ID, Client Secret, and Basic Authorization Token.
- Head towards creating a Bearer Token
3. Bearer Token
- Launch any API management software like Postman
- Click on Get To Post
- Specify the endpoint
- Launch headers
- Send an API request, and your Bearer Token will be generated in just a few seconds.
- Keep the Token safe, and remember to refresh it in 30 days.
- Open your dashboard and launch any of the two default test documents
- From the Code Examples section, locate the ‘cURL’ tab.
- Copy the code and put it in your API management app.
- Check your email to find your e-signature invite.
5. Production Environment
- From the dashboard, select the ‘Go to the API Production’ tab
- Choose a subscription plan which suits your needs
- E-signing across digital products will automatically be enabled.
Is signNow API Worth It?
Companies and individuals are always on the lookout for increasing their professional growth, and platforms like signNow eSignature API contribute largely to speeding up that process.
The best part about this platform is that it can not only reduce paperwork by a large margin but can also assist you when working on other platforms.
Its automatic features and customer support make your job much easier than conventional methods.
signNow also provides pricing plans that aren’t offered by any other platform. The features and toolset provided by signNow in the prices mentioned are enough to make it the obvious choice when you need a digital signing solution.
Have any questions about our signNow API review? Let us know by leaving a comment below.