With the best online data entry courses, you can learn the skills you need to get ahead in your career.
Data entry is a field that is in high demand, and with the right skills, you can find a great job in this field.
And with no requirements for advanced degrees, it makes it possible for individuals to earn a stable amount of money.
Whether it is a freelance opportunity or a full-time job, there are many different types of data entry jobs available, and with the right training, you can find the perfect job for you.
Whether you’re looking to start a new career in data entry or you’re looking to improve your skills for your current job, there are data entry courses online that can help you reach your goals.
The best online data entry courses will teach you the most efficient ways to enter data into a computer system. You’ll learn how to use different software programs and how to format data so that it can be easily entered into a database.
You’ll also learn about the different types of data entry jobs that are available and how to find the best job for your skills.
Of course, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of online data entry classes you can take, and not all of them are worth your time or money.
That’s why we’ve reviewed and ranked the best online data entry courses based on key factors like price, content, instructor experience, and overall course quality.
What are the Best Data Entry Courses Online?
Here are our picks for the 7 best courses for data entry in 2022…
Want to become more proficient in Microsoft Excel? This online course will teach you a ton of useful tips to become a data entry pro in Excel.
The beginner’s guide to excel data entry by Skillshare is effective for those looking to learn ways to use tools of Microsoft Excel for data input and creating worksheets for working. You will never feel bored with the course.
It teaches real-life skills in a happy environment. The course keeps on updating its learning goals and materials to keep up with the changing knowledge. A total of 7 lessons in the course will teach you exactly what you are looking for. So, do join this course without having to worry about payment issues.
What Will You Learn
- An insight into basics data entry
- Introduction to Excel
- Functions of Excel
- How to Use Flash Fill
- Using Autofill and Custom Fill List
- How to Use Sort Function
- How to Apply Filter 1 and 2
- How to Use Copy and Paste Function in Excel for Data Entry
- Using Cut and Drag Option
- How to Simplify Data Entry Using Basic Tools of Excel
This course by Coursera is taught by educational professionals from Macquarie University. It is the very first course in the Excel specialization followed by 5 other courses. Well, if you are someone who believes in self-learning or is looking to polish your excel skills, this course will be the eBay for you to increase your productivity. It is good enough to provide you with a strong base that can be developed in the later courses of the specialization.
To learn excel, this course allows you to use it so that you can learn to use it to have something to add to your portfolio. Perhaps, one of the eBay courses offers assessments in the form of workbooks with practices and challenges that can be downloaded for working.
What Will You Learn
- How to fill in your gaps of knowledge in excel
- How to use spreadsheet software
- To become confident in using Excel
- Get familiar with Excel and its user interface
- To become a professional in the formatting of spreadsheets
- How to perform calculations in Excel
- How to create graphs
- Learn basic formulas and functions
- How to visualize data
- Solving business-related problems using techniques learned in Excel
- Practice on downloadable workbooks
- To learn new features of excel to improve efficiency
- How to navigate in Excel
- Performing data entry using Excel
- Using different features of Excel for professional data entry jobs
2 hours 48 minutes
This is one of the best-selling courses on Udemy that is best for beginners looking to kickstart their freelance career in data entry. So, individuals looking to know what type of data entry works is more prominent on Fiverr or Upwork and the skills required on these platforms should definitely opt for this course.
It will teach you all the necessary skills at a reasonable cost. By the time you are done with the course, you will feel confident enough to bid on a project to build your portfolio to catch the client’s attention and increase your earnings.
What Will You Learn
- How to gain the right skills to become a professional in data entry
- How to kickstart your career in data entry as a beginner
- How to convert pdf files and images
- How to carry out web research
- How to carry out data entry tasks
- Build the portfolio for freelancer sites
- What type of work do clients offer on Fiverr or Upwork
- Practicing files
- Live Demo from Upwork
- Examples of client projects and their bidding
- Live examples of work from Fiverr
- Learning advanced data entry as well and dealing with large data sets
1 hour 2 min
Microsoft Excel is a must-have tool for data entry. This course will help you learn about the Excel interface and become acquainted with it. You will also learn how to navigate through each of the software’s required functionalities and the ways through which you can comprehend its practical uses. Other than that, you will be able to learn about Quick Access Toolbar in detail to use it where required.
We guarantee that you will be a lot more confident than before while using Excel for data entry. This course is succeeded by the other two courses for more development. For the beginner level, this course is a must to add to previous knowledge or completely start from scratch.
Sign up quickly to avail the free time limit and maximize your productivity to gain the right skills and opportunities in no time and with little effort by staying at home.
What Will You Learn
- To use ribbon in Excel by going through different buttons
- How to customize ribbon as per your needs
- How to create a structured workbook
- Working with cells and creating a workbook using worksheets
- How to get creative in Excel by formatting data.
- How to delete data and filter it
- The use of the ‘autofill’ data option
- Using basic formulas and understanding the use of the VLOOKUP formula to make data dealing easy
- How to organize data, its sorting, and listing for easy analysis
- Learning and using ‘Paste Special’ to your advantage
- Move ahead of the copy and paste function
3 hours 9 minutes
This course is a practical one, so it’s ideal for those who want to gain skills by doing side by side. The course consists of video lectures, where the instructor explains to you how to perform something in Xero’s videos. He then gives a task to perform when the class ends to show you practical implementation.
There are just under 24 practical assignments throughout the course, so you’ll have enough to accomplish. In each video, the instructor takes you through data entry in steps to make learning easier. You can have the same assignment or watch it on repeat on your account.
Hence, there is no limit on the number of times you watch a video or ask questions to the instructor. They are always available to guide you throughout the course. However, make sure that you complete the course within the 14 days time period after signing into Xeo, or else you will have to pay $79.99 which is no less.
Why not watch the lessons quickly and save money?
What Will You Learn
- How to perform data entry on daily basis using Xero
- What exactly are Xero and its uses
- Signing up procedure on Xero
- Free trial
- Designing the layout for sales invoice
- Creation of sales invoices and then issuing them
- How to use data entry for entering invoices related to purchases
- How to attach backup
- How to import bank statements
- How to reconcile transactions done through bank
- How to check data entries by running reports
- Simple tips to avoid making mistakes in Xero, hence saving your time
- How to identify a particular record in the data set
- How to make quick changes once the data has been entered
- How to identify mistakes done during data entry
- How to correct mistakes in a short time
16 minutes 16 seconds
Are you looking to gain expertise in the usage of numeric keypads for your job? Then, this course is rightly designed for you to learn about the functioning of the numeric keypad. Perhaps, this comes in handy when you are running short on time and need to do a large amount of data entry tasks.
The instructor has designed this course for beginners to go through a series of lectures in just 17 minutes approximately to learn from dealing with numeric data to formulas. It also teaches learners to use interactive tools that can help them practice skills on their own.
The course is accessible on both tablets and phones with 1 project file to work on. You will get a certification upon completion. With a short introduction to handy instructions, the course is helpful. Register now for free and complete the course within a month.
What Will You Learn
- How to enter numeric data
- How to use 10- key numeric keypad to enter formulas
- Learning the finger technique for different keys
- How to use the home keys
- Learn 7,8, and 9 key
- How to do data entry efficiently
- Decimal Point and Keys 0
- Different arithmetic operators
- How to use Microsoft Excel
- How to use Microsoft Access
- How to link data entry with Excel
- What is ergonomics
- How to enter large data into the spreadsheet
- Interpretation of data using Excel
1 hour 10 minutes
This course is the second part of the three-course series for learning to use Excel for data entry. Those who have taken the first course will find it very useful to develop their skills and fill in the gaps to gain more insights into the functioning and features of excel. It particularly focuses on the shortcuts to the keyboard which is important in increasing the speed of data entry and helping you work in a flow. Hence, this course is beneficial for maximizing your productivity in the best way possible.
Perhaps, you will be working alongside learning that will impart a deeper impact on your knowledge. A file called, ‘Excel for the Real World’ is given to learners that help you learn shortcuts, navigation, and other features for fast work.
If you are in need of extra cash and do not have high degrees, then just gain skills using this course and develop your skills to have opportunities related to data entry open for you.
With just 5 lessons for a total of 1 hour and 10 minutes help you learn a great deal of stuff related to Excel. What are you waiting for? Sign up and learn to a great extent.
What Will You Learn
- Learning the shortcuts to the keyboard
- Using the shortcuts that make you work at a faster speed
- Getting rid of the mouse during data entry
- How to navigate in Excel to use it efficiently
- Getting control over Excel operations
- How to select cells in Excel for working quicker
- How to select ranges without using a mouse
- How to get the data that you need
- How to auto-filter data using the function in Excel
- How to make lists in Excel
- How and Where to use normal cut, copy, and paste features.
- Introduction to ‘Paste Special’, one of the strongest performing operations
- How to create formulas
- Using shortcuts to Fill Formula and Auto Sum for quick working on the data set
- How to use different formatting features such as borders, alignment, etc
- Learning shortcuts to formatting
- Where to use the formatting
- Learning special shortcuts such as Quick Access Toolbar, Re-do, Auto-Fit, etc.
A Final Word on Online Data Entry Classes
When it comes to learning data entry, there are tons of online classes available that can help. But remember, not all of these courses are created equal.
There are lots of factors to consider when choosing which course you should take, including the instructor, the price, the course material, and what your specific career goals entail.
Each one of these courses comes highly recommended by us, and we think they’re the best of the best when it comes to learning data entry online.
The good news is a lot of these courses offer free trials or even let you audit the class at no cost, so you can use this to your advantage and try out a few before you decide which one is best for you.
Have any questions about finding the best data entry classes online? Leave a comment below so we can help.