Wondering which Teachable pricing plan is right for your organization?
Our guide below takes an in-depth look at each of the plans so you can choose the one that best matches your needs and budget.
Teachable is an online education platform used for creating online courses and hosting coaching services. It’s perfect for the creative entrepreneur, budding teacher, or even large corporate business.
This article takes a look at all of Teachable pricing and plans. It will break down all the different Teachable plans so you can see which would benefit you/your brand/business the most.
Notably, all Teachable plans include an unlimited number of students as well as online courses. Additionally, all packages are available on monthly and yearly payment terms. (Pro Tip: Start by trying out the free Teachable option to get a feel for whether or not this is the platform for you.)
Teachable has developed 4 different plans in hopes of every online course creator being able to find one that suits their needs.
Let’s get started with our Teachable pricing overview…
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost for you, we might get a commission if you click the link and purchase.
How Much Does Teachable Cost?
There are 4 different Teachable plans, ranging from free to $249 a month.
Compare the Teachable pricing plans in the table below and read further for even more details on each plan:
Free Teachable Plan
The free Teachable plan is an excellent stepping stone to creating a platform for monetization and sharing knowledge.
It gives the creator the power to set up their school and begin earning money nearly immediately.
Teachable’s free plan includes a wonderful array of base features, including:
- Unlimited number of students (there is a small transaction fee of $1 plus 10% per transaction)
- Create an unlimited number of online courses and host an unlimited number of coaching services
- Includes online course design templates
- Get one admin-level user and award-winning support to help you succeed
- Create basic quizzes for student evaluation.
- Unlimited video – Video has been shown to increase student interest and engagement. It offers the flexibility to pause, stop, rewind and fast forward. It also gives students the option of going back and reviewing or refreshing knowledge.
- Unlimited products – Teachable gives the option of creating as many products as you want. Thus, Teachable allows for creative flexibility.
- Student management
- Lecture comments – The creator/course director can receive real-time feedback from their students. This can help to improve/change/edit and make the online course even better.
- Email support – Teachable has an excellent support team and aims to respond within 24 hours.
In short, the free Teachable plan is the perfect platform to take your expertise and knowledge and teach it to your audience — all while getting a feel for the platform before paying for additional features.
Who is the Free Teachable Plan Good For?
The Free Teachable plan is suitable for anyone wanting to test out the platform. It’s very user-friendly and offers basic options to give the creator a feel for it. It’s a great start for new course creators wanting to start out.
Teachable Basic Plan – $29/month, billed annually. $39/month for month-to-month plan
The Teachable Basic plan is perfect for the budding entrepreneur.
The Basic plan includes everything listed above in the free program like the basic quizzes and unlimited video, along with other benefits that can create a massive impact on your online courses and small business.
- Smaller transaction fee billed at only 5% per transaction
- Access to instant payouts, so payday can be any day!
- 2 admin-level users
- Training for creators
- Integrated email marketing
- Option of being a part of a members-only community
- Custom domain support
- Custom domain for school
- Tools to generate coupon codes for promotion opportunities
- Built-in email marketing system.
- Drip course content
- Various third-party integrations
- Private student community
- No fees on any free products
Who is the Teachable Basic Plan Good For?
Teachable’s Basic plan is a great affordable plan for part-time online course creators, hobbyists, new entrepreneurs with a side hustle, and those who don’t have the budget for the bigger plans.
This plan is only $39 if you pay month-to-month or $29/month if you pay annually upfront plus 5% of all sales.
It offers an affordable, budget-friendly way to get into the industry quicker.
Teachable Pro Plan – $99/month, billed annually.
$119/month for month-to-month plan
The Teachable Pro Plan is Teachable’s most popular plan.
It’s designed to boost student enrollment and engagement creatively.
This professional plan all the features from the Basic plan along with so much more to help expand your reach.
Features of the Professional Plan include:
- No transaction fees
- Instant payouts
- Up to 5 admin-level users
- Integrated affiliate program
- Tools for coding and branding your school
- Set and edit your payment schedule
- View detailed reports that give insight into online course completion rate and potential weak spots in the course material
- Course completion certificates are an excellent way to promote community and pride in students
- Priority access to product support to ensure your course school is always running smoothly
- Graded quizzes
- Group coaching calls are available to discuss your sales and marketing strategy
- Live chat assistance/support
Who is the Teachable Pro Plan Good For?
The Teachable Pro plan is perfect for creators who want to turn their online courses into a reliable source of income. It offers many tools for customization and branding the course. Furthermore, this plan offers instant payout options with no additional fees giving the creator access to their funds on their schedule. All in all, it’s a great option for course creators who want to create a unique, branded school experience.
Teachable Business Plan – $249/month, billed annually. $299/month for month-to-month plan
The Teachable Business plan is their most extensive plan, offering the most control, customization options, and ability to create beautiful, engaging courses.
This Teachable plan has it all with everything from the Pro plan and more, including:
- Set up 20 admin-level users
- Set custom user roles
- Bulk student enrollments
- Manually enroll students
- Theme customization tools. This gives the user the ability to create their school on-brand.
- Ability to provide group coaching calls to educate students further and engage
- Integrated payment processing using Stripe and PayPal as payment platforms.
Who is the Teachable Business Plan Good For?
Teachable’s Business plan is great for larger businesses/brands/organizations where there will be multiple instructors and admins uploading material.
Teachable Cost Q&A
Is there a Teachable free trial?
Instead of offering a typical free trial, Teachable has a free plan available with some basic features. This offers users a good way to test out the platform a bit before committing to a paid plan offering greater functionality.
Does Teachable offer both monthly and yearly payment plans?
Yes, they do! All plans are available with the option of monthly or yearly subscriptions.
Does Teachable ever go on sale?
You may occasionally be able to get Teachable at a discount. For example, there are Teachable Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals each year.
What kind of payment does Teachable accept?
Teachable accepts all major credit cards, Paypal and in some instances, Google Pay.
Does Teachable have a refund policy?
Yes, they do! Teachable offers a 30-day refund policy on paid plans.
What are some of Teachable’s best features?
Teachable has some fantastic features that allow the user to customize their student’s online learning experience fully. Some of these features include branding, email marketing, affiliate marketing, graded quizzes, and so much more! In addition, Teachable has plans that give the user the ultimate creative control over their work.
Teachable Pricing Review
Teachable offers four different plans. They are:
- Basic – $39/month or $29/month billed annually
- Pro – $119/month or $99/month billed annually
- Business – $299/month or $249/month billed annually
Recap of Teachable Plans Features
- Free – Unlimited students, unlimited courses, small transaction fee, product bundling option, course design template, unlimited coaching services
- Basic – Smaller transaction fee, unlimited students, unlimited courses, instant payout option, two admin users, ability to generate coupon codes, drip course content
- Pro – No transaction fees, unlimited students and courses, instant payouts, graded quizzes, custom domain, access to advanced reports surrounding courses, course completion certificates
- Business – Includes everything in the Pro plan and the ability to manually import students, perform bulk student enrollments, customize the theme further and with more detail, 20 admin users.
Ready to get started? Try out the free Teachable option or check out one of their paid plans that suits your needs.
Interested in other platforms for selling your courses and digital products? Check out these resources:
- Kajabi pricing guide
- Kartra pricing guide
- LearnDash pricing guide
- LearnWorlds pricing guide
- Podia pricing guide
- Samcart pricing guide
- Teachery pricing guide