With the best instructional design courses, you can gain the skills and knowledge needed to enter the educational field, transition into virtual learning, or even create your own online courses.
But with so many options and online course platforms, you might be overwhelmed with all the different options for instruction design classes online.
When choosing an instructional design course, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The quality of the course content. Make sure that the course covers all the essential topics in instructional design.
- The length of the course. Some courses are very comprehensive and can take months to complete. Others are shorter and can be completed in a matter of weeks.
- The price of the course. Some instructional design courses can be quite expensive. Others are very affordable. Make sure to compare prices before enrolling in a course.
- The format of the course. Some instructional design courses are self-paced and allow you to learn at your own pace, while others are instructor-led and require you to attend live sessions.
- The credentials of the course provider. It is important to make sure that the course is provided by a reputable institution or organization with a strong reputation in instructional design.
- What students are saying. Finally, read reviews from previous students before enrolling in an online instructional design course. Reviews can provide valuable insight into the quality of the course, the instructor, and the learning materials.
So, how can you choose the best one for you? What will you learn? Will it be worth the investment? Will it really help you land a job as an instructional designer?
I’ve ranked and reviewed the best instructional design programs and courses so you can get the training you need to succeed in your field in 2023. These picks are based on the quality of the curriculum, instructor credentials, certifications, cost, student reviews, and more.
Over the several years I’ve spent in the eLearning industry, I’ve helped countless aspiring instructional designers get the training they need to launch successful, thriving careers in the field, so I know what to look for in an instructional design program.
My goal with this guide is to help you make the best possible decision when selecting a course and/or program so that you can confidently invest your time and money into something that will give you the skills, knowledge, and credentials necessary to become an expert instructional designer. I hope it helps!
Note: If you’re an aspiring instructional designer, we also highly recommend downloading your free copy of An Instructional Designer’s Notebook from our friends at iSpring as it’s a great companion to this guide.
An Instructional Designer's Notebook
Instructional Designer’s Notebook is a free collection of the most useful guides on becoming an instructional designer and creating eLearning content to facilitate every step on your eLearning trajectory. It includes lists of ebooks, YouTube channels, blogs, tips from top experts, interactive checklists, and more.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.