Are you wondering how to watch Masterclass on TV so you can enjoy the great courses the learning platform has to offer on your big screen?
Can you even watch Masterclass on TV in the first place?
Without a doubt, Masterclass is one of the best online courses websites out there today. Masterclass starts as little as $15 per month, allowing you to learn everything from cooking to gardening to meditation to acting to photography to science and a whole lot more.
Not only that, but you get to learn from the world’s most recognizable instructors like Gordon Ramsay, Bill Clinton, Margaret Atwood, George W Bush, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Samuel L Jackson, Natalie Portman, and Serena Williams, to name a few
With so much great content, there are lots of reasons you might want to watch Masterclass on your TV instead of your computer or phone:
- TV can provide a more immersive experience, especially when watching documentaries or learning about a new topic.
- It’s easier to follow along with the video content when it’s larger on a screen.
- If you have family or friends over, they can also watch the class with you on the TV.
- Some people find it more comfortable to watch classes in bed or on the couch rather than sitting at a desk
So, can you watch Masterclass on TV? And if so, how exactly do you do it?
Read on to find out.
Can You Watch Masterclass on TV?
Yes, you can watch Masterclass on your TV in most cases. You’ll need a smart TV or a TV with a connected streaming device. The Masterclass app is available on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and Roku devices. Additionally, if you have a Chromecast, you can cast lessons to your TV via this device.
How to Watch Masterclass on TV: 5 Simple Steps
TV can provide a more immersive experience, especially when watching documentaries or learning about a new topic.
It’s easier to follow along with the video content when it’s larger on a screen. If you have family or friends over, they can also watch the class with you on the TV.
The good news is it’s pretty easy to start watching Masterclass videos on your TV. You don’t need to be tech savvy to get going.
Here’s how to watch Masterclass on TV:
1. Sign up for a Masterclass subscription
The first thing you need to do before you can start watching Masterclass on your TV is to actually sign up for an account.
It’s super quick and easy to get a Masterclass account.
Visit the signup page and fill out a quick form with your email address and billing info.
Make sure you enter a valid email address as this is where your account will be sent.
It’s worth noting that Masterclass does not offer a free trial at this time. Masterclass plans start as low as $15 per month (billed as an annual membership at $180/year) and include unlimited access to all classes. The only difference between the different plans is how many devices you can stream on at the same time.
In most cases, however, the cheapest plan is all you need.
You can click here to get started if you don’t already have a Masterclass account.
2. Download the Masterclass app on your TV
Once you have a Masterclass account, you need to download the app on your TV.
Remember, Masterclass is available on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and Roku devices. You can also cast lessons from your device to your TV with Chromecast.
Here’s how to find the app on each of the following streaming devices:
- Amazon Fire TV: Launch the Amazon App store from your Amazon Fire TV. Then search for “Masterclass”. The Masterclass app should be one of the results that appear. After you open the Masterclass app, you can sign in with your Masterclass username and password.
- Apple TV: On your Apple TV, open the App Store . Search for “Masterclass” to find the app. After opening the Masterclass app, you’ll be prompted to enter your Masterclass username and password.
- Roku: Open the Channel Store on your Roku device. Then search for “Masterclass” to find the app. After you open the Masterclass app, you’ll be prompted to sign in with your Masterclass username and password.
- Android TV: On your Android TV device, go to the Google Play Store . Search for “Masterclass”. The Masterclass app should show up in the results. Click on the Masterclass app to open it. You’ll be prompted to enter your Masterclass username and password after you launch the app.
- Chromecast: Download the Chromecast app on your Android or iOS device. Then open the Chromecast app and select a lesson from within Masterclass. After opening a video, tap on Cast, and it should appear on your TV.
3. Sign in to the Masterclass app using your credentials
After you’ve downloaded the Masterclass app, just sign in using your email address and password.
If for some reason you’ve forgotten your login credentials, you’ll need to visit the Masterclass website to reset them.
4. Watch on-demand classes and exclusive bonus content
Now that you have the app on your TV and you’re signed in, it’s time to watch Masterclass on your TV!
When you open the app, you’ll see options for browsing classes, watching content on-demand. There are 100+ classes to choose from with new courses being added all the time.
The video lessons for each course are all laid out in order, so you don’t have to worry about hopping around trying to find which lesson to watch next. The app is super intuitive and easy to use!
5. Automatically sync your progress across devices
One of the great things about Masterclass is that it syncs your progress across all devices. So if you watch a few lessons on your TV and then later go to access Masterclass on your mobile device or computer, you’ll be able to continue where you left off.
A Final Word on Watching Masterclass on TV
Now that you know how to watch Masterclass on TV, you can start enjoying all the great courses and video lessons the platform offers on your big screen!
It’s a great way to learn just about anything from the comfort of your couch, and it’s a fun way to spend time with friends and family.
If you don’t already have a Masterclass account, click here to get started.
Have any questions about how to watch Masterclass on TV? Drop us a comment below.