With the explosive growth of virtual learning and remote working, video presentation software platforms are quickly gaining in popularity.
Video creation software applications play a key role in creating engaging personalized content in education, business training, and knowledge transfer of any kind.
Do you need to create a video presentation?
The good news is that creating video presentations doesn’t have to be difficult. And you don’t need to be an experienced video editor or someone with a lot of technical know-how.
You just need the best video presentation software.
Here’s the truth: the platform you choose will determine the quality and effectiveness of your video presentation. Use the wrong program and your presentation might not turn out the way you want, turning your project into a failure. But with the right video presentation maker and screen recording software, you can create a video that’s engaging and effective at getting your message across.
In this guide, I’ve ranked and reviewed the best video presentations software platforms available in 2022 based on numerous factors, including ease of use, editing capabilities, pricing, support, and more.
At the end of this guide, you’ll also learn more about how to choose the right video creation software for your unique needs.
What are the Best Video Presentation Software Platforms?
Here are my picks for the best video presenter software options to try in 2022:
- Adobe Presenter
- iSpring Presenter
Loom is a free video presentation software that makes it super easy to create, edit, and share your videos with your audience.
Whether you’re making a video presentation for marketing, sales, employee training, online courses, or any other purpose, Loom makes it super easy to do with just the click of a button.
You can make videos on your computer, web browser, or even mobile device.
Record your video presentations with Loom’s browser extension (on Chrome only right now), or use their desktop and mobile apps, and then share them with a single click.
- Quickly create great video presentations
- Works on PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Chrome users don’t have to download anything if they use the browser extension
- Securely share your videos with your audience and track metrics
- Totally free to use
- Create video presentations by recording your screen and adding voiceovers to Google Slides, PowerPoint, and other presentations
- Make instantly shareable video
- Track views of your videos easily
- Edit your video to create a great final product
- Lacks some advanced video creation features
- Could use more editing tools
Loom pricing includes an excellent free plan as well as some very affordable paid plans that have additional features.
Camtasia is one of the most popular video presentation makers with a huge user base.
Ease of use is the huge selling point here, and it’s the reason it’s ranked so high on our list of best video presentation software. This program is super quick to learn and doesn’t require a lot of technical know-how.
Camtasia’s screen recording software makes it easy to capture specific windows or your entire desktop. You can also easily upload your media files and place them in the order you want on the timeline.
Adding intros, outros, text overlays, whiteboard animations, voiceovers, and music is also incredibly easy and requires basically no technical skills.
The editing capabilities of Camtastia’s video presentations software are also extensive and simple to understand. Easily crop your videos, cut parts you don’t want, and adjust the audio to create the final product you envisioned.
- Edit audio and video with ease. When the recording is over, Camtasia will pigeonhole the output so you can edit system audio, video, cursor, and mic separately.
- Use your webcam. Just activate your webcam when screencasting, and Camtasia will save your live recording as a separate track.
- Add as many tracks as you want. Camtasia offers an expandable multi-track timeline that may include screen content, several audio tracks, effects, callouts, etc.
- Easy trimming and cropping of video clips. Cut and join video fragments in just a couple clicks.
- Noise removal and leveling. Make the sound better by removing background noises or adjusting the levels.
- Closed Captioning. Camtasia provides both open and closed captioning abilities. Plus, you can easily export captions for translation.
- Rich video effects. Keep your audience focused and entertained by adding callouts, quizzing, zooming, etc.
- No time limits whatsoever. Camtasia really stands out from the crowd in this respect. Lengthy videos are no problem at all since both scalability and performance are up to standard.
- Great editing options. Camtasia is a bundle of screen recorder and video editing software. There is a diversity of editing options inside, from manipulating visual properties to adding transitions, captions, and quizzes. Camtasia has it all.
- High compatibility. Camtasia file formats are interoperable between Mac and PC, and you can always save the project in good old .avi.
- Good support for PowerPoint. Just integrate the Camtasia toolbar into PowerPoint and start recording presentations in a familiar format. This is a great way to enhance your presentation and then share a PowerPoint slide show with your audience.
- Easy to publish and share. You can share the output on YouTube, Google Docs, MyPlaces, and others – right from the program dashboard.
- No web-based option. Unlike many online video presenter solutions, Camtasia is a heavy piece of software that requires installation and some space on your HDD.
- No support for a digital camera. Camtasia was designed to work with USB webcams, not digital cameras, so TechSmith makes no promises here. Some DV cameras were reported to cooperate smoothly with Camtasia but it’s still a matter of chance.
Vyond (formerly known as GoAnimate) allows you to easily create your own animated videos for training, eLearning, or even marketing.
Vyond includes libraries with numerous backgrounds, characters, props, music tracks, and sound and video effects with uses across hundreds of industries and topics.
The customer support from Vyond is also exceptional. The team is very proactive in making sure you have all the info and training you need to quickly start creating great videos, and they’re great at answering any questions that might come up along the way.
- Wealth of capabilities for tweaking and customization. Add characters, change the background, match your content with a specific style – all with an intuitive interface.
- Nifty character builder. Vyond lets you recreate learners, customers, or yourself using an easy character creator in their video presentation software. It’s fun!
- Publish content in a single click. Share your videos across multiple hosting sites, authoring tools, and social media. Alternatively, download your video presentation as a high-quality MP4 file.
- Automatic lip-sync. You can allocate a voice track to specific characters and watch them lip-sync to the track.
- Animated infographics. A great combination of animated video clips and infographics.
- Media import. Use import to upload images, music, voice tracks, video clips, and screen recordings.
- Easy to use, easy to publish.
- Hassle-free voice recording.
- Performance glitches. For instance, Vyond doesn’t load YouTube too quickly.
- A raspy synthetic voice that may sound frustrating.
- There is a limitation of one character speaking or moving at a time.
- Any customizations require an upgrade from free to paid.
There is a free trial available. Vyond offers several paid plans from $649-$999 a year.
Adobe Presenter is a popular video presentation software that helps you transform slides into interactive eLearning content.
One cool feature teachers will love is you can add quizzes to your video presentations, making them interactive and more engaging.
Creating HD videos is pretty easy with this program, and it has screen recording functionality that lets you capture video directly from your desktop. You can also create videos using your webcam.
- HTML5 support for PowerPoint. You can publish PowerPoint content directly to HTML5, but make sure your animations are safe after the transition.
- Engaging quizzing. A smart collection of quiz templates and components to help educators test retention.
- Smart learning interactions. Employ interactive elements to customize the content. Hangman, Jigsaw, Process Cycle, Glossary, Accordion…there is a diverse set of options to pick from.
- Characters. Select your actor, corresponding gestures, and background, and enliven the video with a personal touch.
- Scenario templates. Weave scenario-based training into your methodology. Predefine learners’ paths and what happens next based on their inputs.
- Universal standard compatibility. Adobe Presenter content can be published across multiple systems. It works smoothly with SCORM in case you’d like it to playback in LMSs.
- Slide branching. Master slide navigation and develop sophisticated slide branching to guide users through the content.
- HD quality video. No need for third-party hardware to make a nice-looking video. This video maker helps you balance colors, eliminate noises, and boost overall video quality.
- Video add-ons. A great selection of introductory and concluding clips, zooming, custom videos, and logos for branding purposes.
- Automatic closed captioning. Adobe Presenter’s speech-to-text conversion functionality helps you automatically generate closed captions for audio tracks.
- Audio and video streaming. You can enjoy adaptive video and audio streaming if you host your course on Adobe Connect Server.
- Moderate price combined with elaborate functionality
- Adapted to mobile devices
- Support for PowerPoint leaves much to be desired (effects, animations and other PowerPoint features may get lost during conversion)
- In HTML5 publishing, text and images convert into images
- There’s no way to view the presentation on a mobile device offline
A monthly subscription is offered at the affordable rate of $14.99.
With Wideo, you can easily create professional animated videos and presentations in just minutes. You don't need any video editing skills or experience. This is a great choice for beginners looking for an easy video presentation app.
With Wideo (free trial), you can easily create animated videos in just minutes. This video presentation software might be the quickest to use to create a finished product.
The way it works is Wideo has a number of templates you can use and fit to your project, allowing you to more quickly make your videos for everything from quick lessons to marketing videos to social media clips and more.
Just choose the template, drag and drop your graphics (use your own or choose from their huge stock library), and then publish and share your videos with one click.
If you’re looking to make animated videos quickly and without spending a lot of money, this is a great choice. Of course, if you’re looking for something that allows for much more customization, Wideo might not be your ideal video presentation maker as it does really heavily on its templates.
- Quickly create high-quality animated videos
- Choose from pre-made templates and tweak to your desire
- Easy-to-use interface compared to other video presentation software
- Big graphics library
- Very intuitive interface. Create your videos with no previous video editing software experience required.
- Great templates to choose from. Make your video quicker by using Wideo’s templates.
- Create a video in as little as 5 minutes.
- Add your own video files or choose from a huge library of stock videos. The choice is yours.
- Use of templates makes this video presentations software less customizable than some other options
- Lower subscription packages have pretty strict limitations, include video length
Limited free version available. Basic plan is $19/month ($228 billed annually), Pro is $39/month ($468 billed annually), and Pro+ is $79/month ($948 billed annually). Paying month-to-month will have higher rates than those above. Click here to try Wideo free.
PowToon is freemium intuitive video presentation software that helps create animated slides combined with audio, narration, and embedded videos.
If you’re looking to turn written materials into quick explainer videos, PowToon’s video presentation software offers an intuitive, easy way to deliver a nice-looking message to your audience.
There’s no experience needed to create videos with PowToon. The whole process is pretty simple and straightforward, and the results are professional. However, some features on this video maker are a bit limited depending on which plan you use.
- Easy interface. It somewhat resembles PowerPoint but turns out much simpler. The user just has to pick a template, go through the editing screen, add items from the image library (figures, backgrounds, speech bubbles, etc.) – and voila!
- Timeline. This feature matches the animation panel in PowerPoint, with a number of obvious limitations. For instance, slides can only be 20 seconds long. Also, the selection of animations is pretty poor — just 12 options. Nothing to write home about.
- Sounds. PowToon allows you to use one sound per presentation. You have to pick whether to go with a background theme or a voice narration.
- Transitions. PowToon’s dynamic transitions are fun to deal with. Transitions make the presentation flow smooth and the outcome more engaging.
- Usability. PowToon is really great for somebody who lacks skills in designing slides. Developing a deck in PowToon is as easy as dragging and dropping items on the screen and tweaking the timeline. No frills, no resource-hungry extras.
- Free and easy to use video presentation software
- A bunch of ready-made templates
- Easy content sharing
- Very sparse functionality compared to some other video makers
- There is no auto-save feature or the ability to save an offline version
- Loading someone else’s content may take a while.
There is a free edition available with basic features. Extended plans range from $19 to $197 per month.
iSpring Presenter is a handy alternative to Adobe’s product, offering an easy solution for transforming a PowerPoint deck into a video presentation. This is important because over 90% of presentations are made in PowerPoint!
With the iSpring Suite, you can add a narrator/talking head to your video, quizzes, and more.
This is a great video creator for educators and business training professionals and one of the best PowerPoint add-ins available.
It’s worth noting, however, that the iSpring Presenter video presentation maker does come at a pretty high cost ($470/year) in comparison to some competitors.
- Create courses in PowerPoint. iSpring saves all PowerPoint effects, including animations, transitions, and embedded objects in the output.
- Build quizzes and surveys. Test your students’ knowledge and receive feedback on your course right away. Plus, you can collect results and view statistics of the learners’ progress.
- Narrate and sync with slides. Film your live presentation with a webcam or embed a pre-recorded video and synchronize it with slides and effects.
- Add YouTube videos. Choose a video from the web and insert it into your content effortlessly.
- Record voiceovers. Use the built-in Narration Editor to record a voice-over or import audio files from your hard drive.
- Add navigable web pages, files, and links. Any web pages, links, or documents including XLS, PDF, or DOCX – toss any content into the pot!
- Customize a presentation player. iSpring offers a customizable presentation player so you can play the course back in a native environment.
- Publish with a single click. Convert your presentation into HTML5, MP4, or an LMS-compliant format and reach a global audience.
- Upload to YouTube. Place a video version of your slide deck on YouTube right from the iSpring Presenter interface.
- Lossless PowerPoint to HTML5 conversion
- Full support of PowerPoint effects, transitions, animations, etc.
- Extended LMS support
- Granular reporting for assessments and courses
- Easy publishing to video, easy sharing on YouTube
- Requires MS PowerPoint to use
- Lack of advanced editing features compared to other video presentation software
- No screen recording feature
A one-year subscription is available at $470 USD per author.
Moovly is yet another online video creator tool you can use to create lessons, tutorials, and presentations.
Like the other reviewed programs, this web-based video creator makes it pretty easy to create short clips and videos.
There are plenty of editing tools, free graphics you can incorporate in your videos, music and sounds, and other features to help you create a quality video with minimal fuss.
The interface is pretty straightforward and doesn’t take much time to learn. Even if you’re not an experienced video creator, you should be able to use this without having to learn too much.
Moovly is also a web-based video presentations creator that needs no software installation.
- Flipped classroom with Moovly. The solution enables you to develop Khan Academy-style courses and animated videos. Moovly can be used by instructors and students alike to create explainers, project overviews and other visual content.
- Rich standard libraries. Get a quick start by employing ready-made items: animated graphics and templates, or personal assets such as images, sounds or video clips. There is a bunch of animation effects including hand drawing, dragging, move and zoom effect, etc.
- Advanced features. The paid version broadens teachers’ and learners’ horizons in terms of data sharing, uploading of personal assets, using extra content libraries and downloading videos in HD quality.
- Publisher extensions. Instructional designers can customize Moovly to add special object libraries that comply with school-certified publisher materials.
- Nice effects library
- Easy to use compared to some video presentation software apps
- Fairly inexpensive
- Web-based, no installation required
- A standalone solution that falls behind content authoring suites
- Limited free functionality
- Limited publishing options.
Moovly is available in Free, Pro ($24.92/month), and Max ($49.92/month) editions. Educators can access the software at reduced costs of $8.25 and $20.75 per month for the Pro and Max versions respectively. The extended plans encompass greater storage capabilities, video quality and export features, and remove the length limitations of the free version.
Explee is online video maker software that allows you to create whiteboard animation videos.
They have a library of over 6,000 royalty-free images and audio clips in their library that you can use when creating your videos, and their text-to-speech functionality makes it easy to add automated voiceovers to your presentation — although not everyone likes the sound of these automated voices.
Another cool thing about Explee is it works well across just about every device. So you can access this cloud-based video presentation software from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Image bank and Bringlife. Explee boasts a collection of 6,000 images to highlight your ideas and make animations appealing. Also, you can animate any picture of your own by using Bringlife technology.
- Good selection of animation transitions, in and out effects. Apply various transitions between slides to support Consistent course flow. Make use of a plethora of available in and out animation effects.
- Simple timeline. Use the timeline to quickly manage a pool of animated videos from a single source.
- Graphic engine. You are free to preview animated video at your convenience with Visual Engine 2.
- Advanced audio editor. Reduce, trim or duplicate audio files with the built-in editor.
- Text-to-speech feature. Should you lack the time or budget for hiring a professional voice actor, feel free to try the HumanBeing functionality. Write down your text, pick a language and gender, and here you go!
- Universal compatibility. Explee operates smoothly on any device, including tablets and smartphones. Thanks to HTML5, your content is available for views and edits anywhere, any time.
- Intuitive timeline empowers users to create professional-looking videos.
- Text-to-speech output sounds unnatural
- Lack of collaboration options.
Subscription plans range from the basic $7/month up to $99/month for an all-inclusive video experience.
Plotagon is a nifty app for PC, Mac, and iOS that enables teachers and students to create animated videos quickly and easily.
Some of the things I like about this video animation software include its intuitive interface, the character creator, and how quick it is to create a finished product.
However, there are a couple of things I wish were better, including the text-to-speech functionality which can be off-putting at times and the limitations, like only allowing two characters per scene.
All in all, this is a pretty solid option for making animated videos, but it’s certainly far from the most robust video presentation program out there.
- Ample Plotagon library includes multiple characters and scenes. The library is updated and supplemented on a regular basis.
- Embedded character creator. Users are welcome to build their own custom characters, celebrities, or any personas to liven up the training process.
- Protected digital classroom that involves select group members with comment and edit rights.
- Essential administrative tools. Instructors can add or delete learner accounts and keep track of shared content.
- Plotagon offers volume licenses per classroom.
- Works well on all major platforms including tablets
- The interface is easy to use and navigate
- Simple to get started with
- An ample collection of animations.
- Pretty basic functionality compared to other video presentation software.
Plotagon charges anywhere from $27/year for academic uses to $441/year for business applications.
Animoto is a popular video creator that has both free and paid plans available for users.
The free version is actually pretty good for what it is. You can easily create pretty good animated videos in a short amount of time, but there are some drawbacks. Free videos have the Animoto watermark on them, fewer customization options, and only come in standard definition (720p).
The paid version of Animoto has more customization options available, including access to over 3,000 music tracks, over a million licensed stock photos and videos, tons of fonts to choose from, and more.
Animoto’s video presentation maker doesn’t require a ton of technical know-how to use, but it definitely works best when you have a clear vision for what you want your video to look like.
- Tons of licensed music, photos, and videos to choose from
- Dozens of professional fonts for text overlays
- Easy to use
- Available on desktop and iOS
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Easy to use with no experience required
- Excellent library of music and images to enhance your video
- Affordable plans, including a free level
- Video editing software features can feel limited for those trying to make more involved videos
- Not as much customization as some other competitors
Animoto pricing is as follows: there’s a free edition, a Professional plan for $15/month, and Professional Plus for $39/month, billed annually. If you wish to pay month-to-month for the paid plans, the cost will be a bit higher.
Animaker describes its app as “A platform for beginners, non-designers & professionals to create Animation and Live-Action videos for every moment of our life.”
One of the things I like about this video creation software is you can make both animated and live-action videos. A lot of these programs usually only allow one or the other. This gives you the flexibility to create the exact type of video you want for your individual project.
This cloud-based program is super easy to use. There’s drag-and-drop functionality for adding things to your video, a massive library of 100 million images and videos to pull from, over 1,000 templates you can use to quickly make a video, easy resizing for various platforms, and even 4K capabilities.
- Create both animated and live action videos
- 4K definition capabilities
- Gigantic library of stock images and videos
- Tons of templates available for creating your video
- Cerate just about any type of video
- Very easy to use
- Create videos in as little as 5 minutes
- Lots of customization options
- Better video quality than most competitors
- Excellent customer support
- Because it’s a web-based video presentation software, you can’t work on your videos if you’re having internet issues
- Sometimes lag issues due to web-based application
Animaker pricing is between $10-$49 a month, depending on which plan you choose. Free trials are available for testing out this video editing program.
Lumen5 is an AI-powered online video maker with a simple drag-and-drop functionality that makes it easy for people of all skill levels to create videos.
The real feature and selling point here is Lumen5 can take your text — say from a blog post, article, or training — and convert it into a video.
The process of uploading your text, choosing the format of your video, selecting themes, and building out your final product is pretty seamless.
Lumen5 will choose images and highlighted quotes from your content to use in the video slideshow, but you can easily edit these selections if you’re not happy with them.
All in all, the videos you can create with Lumen5 are pretty basic, but they can be great for platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Turn articles and blog posts into engaging videos
- Drag-and-drop functionality requires no experience or tech savvy
- Web-based service, so you don’t have to download anything
- Easy to use
- Solid library of royalty-free images
- Creating videos is very quick
- Good for creating fairly basic videos, but not ideal for more intricate projects
- Rendering can be slow at times
Limited free version available. Other plans range from $11/month (individual creators) all the way up to $149/month (businesses).
What is Video Presentation Software?
Video presentation software allows you to create and edit videos for a wide range of applications. From educational videos to corporate training films to marketing clips, video presentations come in all different types.
The style of video presentations can also vary greatly. Some programs allow you to create animated, cartoon-style videos while others are great for using real-life, live-action video.
What to Look for When Choosing Video Making Software
Finding the right video presentations software is essential to creating a successful final product that meets your needs.
While all of the options above are great, this isn’t a one-size-fits-all thing. What works for one user might not be ideal for another.
Some of the key things to consider when choosing video making and screen recording software include:
- Will the software allow you to create videos with your existing equipment? You don’t want to have to invest in a ton of extra equipment just to use the video presentation software.
- What level of knowledge and experience do you have with video editing? Many of the best video presentation software programs are super easy to use and require little to no technical knowledge.
- What kind of videos do you want to create — animated video, live action, slideshows, or something else? The best video presentation software varies greatly depending on the type of videos you need to create. So choose one that fits your needs.
- What features do you need for your video — text overlays, voiceovers, animations, etc.?
- What format do you need your video to be in — HD, standard def, Instagram or Facebook dimensions, etc.? Here’s a great guide to video formats for different social platforms.
- What’s your budget? Just because an app is more expensive doesn’t mean it’s better. The best video presentation software for your needs might in fact be cheap or even free!
Once you know the answers to these questions, you can find a video presentation program that best suits your specific needs.
A Final Word on Video Presentation Software
As this roundup reveals, video presentation software is, indeed, a thriving segment in the modern content authoring ecosystem.
It’s not easy to make a choice, yet the criteria are rather simple. Make sure the solution fits your everyday needs and doesn’t exceed a reasonable budget.
Otherwise, it’s all about the content and making sure you have the public speaking skills to deliver that content effectively when you create a video presentation.
Want to share your video presentation on a live conference with your audience? Check out our guide to the best virtual conference platforms.
Have any questions about finding the right video presentation software for your project? Comment below to let us know.