With the best online Microsoft Office classes, you can gain valuable skills in popular tools like Excel and PowerPoint, making you a more productive, more valuable professional.
In 2022, Microsoft Office is a key skill in every industry.
Entrepreneurs use Microsft Excel to keep a track of basic accounting, PowerPoint to design presentations for investors, and OneDrive to store all their documents and images.
Most jobs nowadays, list fluency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel as a requirement. The most basic jobs, even at the internship level, require good Excel and presentation skills.
The good news is there are lots of great Microsoft courses online that can help you build the skills you need quickly and conveniently from the comfort of your home.
We’ve reviewed and ranked the top Microsoft Office classes online available in 2022 based on the quality of the curriculum, instructor credentials, student reviews, value, and more.
Skillshare offers a 1-Month Free Trial. After that, the price is $15 per month and discounted with the annual plan for $99 per year ($8.25 per month).
2 hours 15 minutes
This beginner-level course is for an average employee working who needs to learn to use Microsoft Word for work.
It gives you the confidence to take on Word tasks, starting from the simple things and then moving on to the difficult ones like mail merge. The lessons start with the assumption that the students have no prior knowledge about the tool and try to keep the student engaged.
The course is the most basic Word course on the internet which, in less than 150 minutes, teaches you how to start with Word and use it to make, edit and print a professional document.
You will learn
- Opening Word to Create a New Document
- Saving and switching between open documents
- Enhancing Productivity
- Entering Text, Symbols, and Selecting Text
- Cutting, Copying and Pasting
- Merging, Paragraphs, and Alignments
- Indentations and Tab
- Line Spacing, Bullets and Borders
- Styles and Format Painter
- Mail Merge, tables, charts, and graphics
- Checking for Spelling and Printing
Learn how you can use Microsoft 365 to help streamline and improve your business operations.
8 hours 7 minutes
This course is extensive and has around 200+ lessons at 8+ hours long, meaning the course is very detailed and ensures a thorough understanding of Office 365.
This course teaches A to Z of Microsoft Suite from the basic level to the advanced level with its short 200+ lessons, explaining the interface to the customers too.
You will learn
- Introduction to Office 365, explaining the licensing, pricing, variants available and setting them up
- How to use OneDrive and install Skype for Business and Teams
- Comparing Outlook with Exchange, Slack like conversations with Yammer, Zapier like conversations with Flow and an introduction to Sharepoint
- Introduction to Word, menu tab by menu tab, mail merge, and references
- Importing content to and from different Office tools
- Introduction to PowerPoint, menu tab by menu tab, covering transitions, animations, the different kinds of views, SmartArt, 3D images and hyperlinks
- Using the Slide Master in PowerPoint and screen recording when need be
- Introduction to Excel, menu tab by menu tab, including calculations, numbers, absolute and relative referencing, formulas, and pivot tables
Learn basic to advanced Microsoft Office skills in this bundle of 9 great online classes.
The course is provided by Udemy and is one of the finest courses to learn basic to advanced skills for Office 365, which is used in organizations, or Office 2019, which is the latest version. It has been completed by around 20,000+ students and is sometimes available at a discounted price, yest continuously updated on a regular basis.
It has a high value for money providing EIGHT courses teaching Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Access. It has a 30-day money-back guarantee and is cheap if you get on a discount.
The course has 600+ individual lectures. Once you sign up and buy the course, you get lifetime access to all the resources on any device. Exercise files are also provided to practice the material covered and ensure a good grip over practical learning.
It is taught by Simon Sex IT, who is Udemy’s one of the most well-known faculty. Udemy’s best teachers are a group of software instructors who have a large presence in the internet world, having popular YouTube channels and various online courses.
You will learn
- Practical methods to backup data and recover spreadsheets in case of loss
- Effective use of autofill and flash fill in Excel
- Essential formulae and functions, charting and graphing data, sorting and filtering spreadsheets to better make use of Excel
- Teaching how to add “zing” to PowerPoint presentations using icons, 3D Models, shapes, graphics, and pictures.
- Adding animations, audio, video, charts, graphs, and tables to a PowerPoint Presentation
- Time-saving techniques, including how to copy slides, and export presentations.
- Create formal documents with the help of indent, columns, footers, borders, watermarks and mail merge
- Insert professional pictures, labels, graphics and tables in Word
- How to protect Word documents from changes
- Navigating information in MS Access and running queries
- How to compact, repair, and backup data in Access database
- Setting up Outlook, sending and receiving emails, customizing the mailbox, and organizing it by using various features like ignore, flag, and conditional formatting.
- Using signatures and managing contacts
- Setting up the calendar, adding events, and setting up reminders
This LinkedIn course is an excellent resource for professionals who have Office 365 set up in their organizations and are looking for training. After completion, it provides a shareable certificate to showcase on LinkedIn.
You will learn
- Microsoft 365 Services – It revolves around introducing the suite and explaining the core and secondary services, along with the analytical tools
- Configuring Microsoft 365 – This module covers setting up a subscription, implementing and adding a custom domain, configuring tenant roles, and using FastTrack and Partner Services
- Managing Users and Identities – The module elaborates on managing users and their roles, including the use of groups. It also covers managing licenses and identities.
- Microsoft 365 Device Management – This module teaches the use of mobile devices and application, introducing to Windows Autopilot
- Microsoft 365 Security and Data Protection – The module highlights key areas of threats and security, elaborating how to protect against the threats. It also gives an insight into data governance, data loss prevention, and preventing data leakage using Microsoft Cloud App Security.
- Microsoft 365 Threat Protection – This module covers how to handle threats with Windows Defender ATP, safe links, anti-phishing, multi-factor authentication, and understanding threat intelligence and secure score.
- Microsoft 365 Compliance and Reporting – It covers the topics of service assurance and compliance manager
- Supporting Microsoft 365 – The module highlights the Microsoft support and the add-on services and licenses
1-month free trial, then LinkedIn Learning pricing goes to $29.99/month to access or $19.99/month if you pay for a year upfront
2 hours 17 minutes
The course focuses on learning Excel from the very basics to ensure that the students are well equipped with the software.
You will learn
- Entering Data including working with dates and times
- Formulas and Functions, with special emphasis on lookup functions
- Adjusting worksheet layout and data
- Printing, accounting for page break preview, and print setup options
- Charts covering different chart types and working with Excel Ideas
- Adjusting Worksheet Views to freeze and split screens making it easier to navigate through the worksheets
- Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks and sharing workbooks
- Data Management Features, including sorting and filtering data, and especially creating pivot tables
- The course is a beginner to intermediate level short course, less than 150 minutes long, and can be completed at a stretch on a weekend if you want yourself to be productive.
This course on Udemy is one of the highest-rated courses, with around 3000+ already enrolled and 140+ rating it up to 4.9 stars. Although the course is around 4 to 5 years old, it teaches how to save time in organizations, which is a very critical task. It helps channel your energy to more productive outcomes.
While the course is approximately three hours long, it is worth it, especially where the instructor has a 4.6-star rating and around 300,000+ reviews, with more than 1,000,000+ students enrolled in 19 of his courses.
You will learn
- Cut back on clutter and an unorganized Outlook inbox by using the Categories function
- Manage large Word Documents effectively by using the “styles” option and create an automated Table of Contents
- Create consistently formatted PowerPoint presentations using the Master Slides and templates provided
- Efficiently handle larger Excel Data sets using Excel macros and PivotTables
The course has been endorsed by 200,000+ ratings to a tremendous 4.6 stars. The course covers Excel from the 2010 versions to 2019, and the Office 365 version. It has 40 downloadable resources that can be accessed over lifetime and completion certificates will be shared after completion.
The course was offered by Netflix, Apple, Volkswagen, and many more since it requires no prior knowledge about Excel and provides access to a trainer with 10+ years of experience in training people with Excel.
You will learn
- Excel basics
- Commonly used functions in Excel
- Automating daily work through Macros and VBA
- Creating reports after mastering PivotTables and mastering IF, VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH functions, and more
- Maintain large datasets in a table or a list
Free trial for a week, after which $29 per month.
Self-paced (9 courses)
This bundle of around 9 courses on GoSkills is an excellent choice for someone who wants to learn the overall tools in MS Office with a deeper focus on the commonly used ones. It will make you an office spreadsheet whiz, who designs dazzling presentations and can automate but without coding!
The course is a one in all solution and also teaches Microsoft Project and Microsoft Publisher which are not covered by various Microsoft classes online, however it is a bit on the pricier end of the spectrum.
You will learn
- Microsoft Access Basic includes 40 lessons aimed to teach a beginner, topics such as importing and running action queries
- Microsoft Excel Basic has 25 lessons to help you learn Excel or revise it if you haven’t used it for a while
- Microsoft Excel Advanced focuses on 25 business course lessons to help learn advanced techniques from Ken Pauls, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
- Microsoft Outlook where there will be 40 lessons on how to save time by organizing email, managing contacts, calendar, and tasks.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010-2019 entails 39-lesson course is designed to create presentations that captivate the audiences’ attention to the maximum
- Microsoft PowerPoint 365 includes 50+ lessons that extensively cover themes, layouts, animations, transitions, and all tools needed to deliver an engaging presentation to the audience.
- Microsoft Project Fundamentals has 40 lessons that help you manage projects efficiently by the award-winning Microsoft MVP Bill Raymond.
- Microsoft Publisher is all about 38 lessons that share time-saving tips for creating publications using pre-made templates and also teach how to create one from the scratch
- Microsoft Teams Training includes 20 lessons that help in running meetings, using administrator features, and working with documents
- Microsoft Word Basic consists 40+ lessons to create documents in Word for work, study or leisure.
- Microsoft Word Advanced has around 20 lessons, that help dive more into creating a professional document and become a Wordsmith!
15 hours 3 minutes
This one is for those who use a Mac and might not be able to grasp using regular courses about Microsoft Office. It has a 100% recommendation rate with around 3000+ students already enrolled.
You will learn
- Basics of Microsoft Office
- Using OneNote in Mac
- Setting up basic tasks, email, communication tools, and calendars at Outlook
- Budgeting projects, formatting spreadsheets including conditional formatting in Excel
- Data tables, Pivot tables, and more techniques in Excel
- Formatting, Line & Paragraph Spacing, Page Layouts, Watermarks, Tables, Mail merge in Word
- Basic PowerPoint including themes, animations, transitions & video.
The course is highly popular among Mac users since the content shows a similar interface and is easier to understand.
A Final Word on Taking Microsoft Office Classes Online
Improving your Microsoft skills is a smart investment in your career. It doesn’t matter if you’re an employee, a manager, or even a business owner — mastering Microsoft applications can help you be more productive, more efficient, and more profitable.
Remember, many of the online Microsoft courses in our guide can be accessed at no cost during free trial periods. This gives you a great opportunity to check out different classes to find the ones you’ll get the most from.
Have any questions about taking Microsoft office courses online? Drop a comment below and we’ll help you out.