Looking to build a website with Squarespace but not sure which of their plans to choose? Want the latest details on Squarespace pricing?
With Squarespace, there are tons of high-quality templates you can choose from, making it super fast and easy to build just about any type of website, including ecommerce stores, small business sites, portfolios, and more.
But Squarespace offers a number of different plans for those looking to launch a website. And if you’re new to all this, it can be confusing trying to figure out which plans and features you actually need.
Read on to get all the details about Squarespace pricing and plans, so you can figure out which plan (if any) if the best fit for your needs.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost for you, we might get a commission if you click the link and purchase.
Squarespace provides everything from built-in Search Engine Optimization or SEO to analytics of the visitors, or the visitors that are turned in to customers.
What makes Squarespace stand out from the crowd of the other website builders is the smooth flow it provides to a newbie stepping into its world.
Furthermore, Squarespace has a well-integrated digital realm that includes mobile and tablet editing up to Squarespace video studio.
Squarespace also helps you understand the interface so that you get full control and the ability to customize your website and express your creativity in that. Websites are, surely, a digital face of any given company and an attractive website will eventually gain more customers as compared to unattractive ones.
In addition to all of that, Squarespace pricing plans are one of the best and fair in the market that cannot be called anything less than astounding.
Squarespace plans encompass almost all stages of business development in the market.
We’ll guide you through all of the details about Squarespace pricing and plans below so that you make the best decision for your business.
How Much Does Squarespace Cost?
Like all of the other website builders, the very first among the Squarespace pricing plans is a free trial. However, what’s really great here is no credit card is required to use the free trial.
Squarespace pricing plans have two different prices: prices if you pay monthly, and the prices, if you pay yearly. There is up to 30% savings when paying yearly.
Let’s have a look at the other Squarespace plans that are offered to us by the platform so you can determine the cost to build your website.
Personal Squarespace Pricing Plan – $16 Per Month. Save 25% By Paying Yearly At $12/Month ($144 total)
This Squarespace plan first, like all other plans, offers a free custom domain, unlike most other website building platforms. The astounding features of Squarespace start right then and there from the very first offering:
- By custom domain, it is meant that you would not have to include the platform name for promotion within your domain name. This is one of the most important offerings by Squarespace since it has a great impact on the marketing of the business.
- An SSL certificate
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO for the visibility of the website on search engines
- 24/7 online support
- Mobile optimization so that you would not have to worry about how your website looks on the phone screen
- Basic web metrics, and unlimited bandwidth and storage. Unlimited bandwidth and storage are some of the things that help Squarespace stand out from its peers in the website builder market because most of them limit this to the lowest plan they offer.
- The plan also offers two Contributor spaces, unlike many other platforms that neglect these really important options on their initial or lower pricing plans.
- There is also limited access to the Squarespace video studio application that is available on all smartphone platforms that will help you with the marketing and branding of your business.
Business Squarespace Pricing Plan – $26 Per Month. Save 25% By Paying Yearly At $18 Per Month ($216 Total)
Out of all the Squarespace plans, the Business Pricing plan is the most popular one. It offers everything the Personal Squarespace plan offers and a lot of additional features that will help you through the obstacles of business in the digital world. Here are features that Business Squarespace Pricing Plan that will really stand out to you
- The increase in the contributors is the first and foremost example that is to be looked at. In this Squarespace plan, you can add up to unlimited contributors to your website administration. This would make it really easy for you and the department that actually manages the website to apply the changes that are agreed upon with flexibility and speed.
- Business Squarespace plan provides a professional email from google
- Premium integrations and blocks
- A full-fledged and well-integrated e-commerce service that has all that you will need in order to make your business more efficient and take it to new heights.
- Gift cards, Donations, and unlimited selling are the features that make up this remarkable offer by Squarespace to the community.
- The transaction fee for the commerce aspect of the offer is 3%.
Basic Commerce Squarespace Pricing Plan – $35 Per Month. Save 25% By Paying Yearly At $26 Per Month ($312 Total)
This Squarespace plan offers what the above plans offer with some further additions. These are the features that help develop your brand and push it to new heights.
- Complete elimination of the transaction fees while adding some more features to the commerce aspect.
- Note that the $26 is actually equal to the monthly payment of the Business Squarespace pricing plan when you opt for the monthly payment.
- Checkout services on the domain are provided
- E-commerce analytics
- Customer accounts.
- Some powerful merchandising tools are added to the mix in the Basic Commerce Squarespace plan.
Advanced Commerce Squarespace Pricing Plan – $54 Per Month. Save 25% At $40 Per Month If Paid Yearly ($480 Total)
This Squarespace plan offers further additional tools in this pricing plan:
- Marketing side tools such as products on Instagram and further discounts will further enhance your business.
- Self-subscriptions and advanced shipping that makes the supply chain of your business really efficient are also included in this package.
We can say that Squarespace prices and its plans are quite worthy of consideration if you are a serious business owner who has ambitions of growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Squarespace offer a free trial?
Yes. Squarespace offers a 14-day free trial.
2. What are the best features of Squarespace?
- Website building tools
- Content hosting
- Search engine optimization
- Squarespace analytics
- Responsive design for mobile viewing
- 24/7 Customer Support.
3. What type of payments do Squarespace accept?
They accept credit cards.
4. Do you need to be a designer/developer to use Squarespace?
No, you don’t need to be a designer or developer for Squarespace.
5. Can you customize the look and feel of your Shopify store of yours?
Yes, you can do this with online builders and themes.
6. What do I need to do to start selling on Squarespace?
To start selling on Squarespace. buy yourself a Squarespace plan and choose products you want to sell. If you don’t have products to sell yet, drop shipping is a good option for you.
7. Which template should I use?
We have version 7.1 and all sites use that, with similar features and style options. You can choose a particular design at the start of your trial and can explore more design later to find the one that fits your needs.
Other Useful Resources
How does Squarespace pricing compare to other website builders? Check out these guides:
- Duda pricing guide
- Elementor pricing guide
- Shopify pricing guide
- Webflow pricing guide
- Weebly pricing guide
Is Squarespace Worth It?
We think Squarespace is absolutely worth it. With their affordable plans, it’s super cheap (and easy) to build and launch your website.
That said, if you’re looking for something else, there are many Squarespace alternatives out there worth considering.
But all in all, we love Squarespace and think it’s one of the best platforms available.
Have any questions about Squarespace pricing that we didn’t answer in this guide? Drop a comment below so we can help you out.