With the best website builders, you can easily design a high-quality, professional-looking website for any purpose — even if you don’t know a thing about web design or coding.
In the past, you had to spend thousands of dollars hiring a professional designer and developer to create a decent website for your business or other project. And a lot of people are still doing just that…wasting tons of money in the process.
Now, free and cheap website builders have eliminated the need to hire a designer and can save you big on the cost to build a website.
Website builders have become quite advanced, and they’re so customizable that you can do everything yourself with no real technical skills required.
Of course, there are dozens of website building apps out there, all promising to help you instantly create a killer website with a few clicks of the mouse. There are free website builders and ones you have to pay for.
With so many choices, it can be confusing trying to figure out which is truly the best website builder for your needs.
We’ve reviewed and ranked the very best website creators available today based on a variety of important factors, including ease of use, quality of templates available, level of customization allowed, price, and more.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost for you, we might get a commission if you click the link and purchase.
What are the Best Website Builders?
Here are our top picks for the best, most effective, and easiest website builder apps worth trying in 2022.
Squarespace is one of the top website builders available today, offering tons of beautiful templates for any type of website you can imagine. Building a website has never been so easy!
Why is Squarespace our pick for the best website builder available today?
It offers a massive collection of beautiful templates for every purpose and any type of website imaginable.
Whether you’re looking to launch site for an ecom store, your small business, your band, your portfolio, or anything else, Squarespace makes it easy.
If you want an attractive website for your business or other project, you should try Squarespace.
The templates are the most attractive when compared with the ones offered within the whole market. In fact, Squarespace offers an award-winning set of templates.
If aesthetics are important to you, Squarespace is exactly what you need.
One of the remarkable things that Squarespace has to offer is its integration of applications that are used by people in their daily routines.
These integrated applications will surely be of great support when running the website of your business.
Integrated applications can be used to upload and use resources alongside many other crucial functionalities which would be made easy for you
- Squarespace offers a strong and logical system of checkouts for online selling. This can be considered quite an important aspect of the offerings Squarespace has to offer.
- Quite useful extensions are also offered for the user to apply on their website.
- There are exceptionally attractive templates that can sometimes be considered to be vital to the business according to their nature.
- Squarespace analytics are great for monitoring your customer activity when they visit your website very well. This would help you in understanding your customer and develop your business to its heights.
- A built-in video maker is very flexible and offers a lot of options. The attractive expression of your business can be molded into a video.
- Squarespace also offers built-in marketing tools like email marketing and SEO, Search Engine Optimization, tools. Social Media tools are also an added benefit that will also guide you.
- The interface of the website builder is particularly easy for newbies but do not let it deceive you into thinking that Squarespace lacks elegance and complexity. There are quite complicated tools that need to be learned if you want to transcend even the most aesthetically pleasing websites.
Squarespace pricing is as follows:
- A free trial of 14-days is available here.
- There is a Personal package which is available at $12 per month.
- The Business package is available at $18 per month.
- The Basic commerce package is offered at $26.
- The Advanced commerce package is offered at $40 per month.
- The option of being billed yearly or monthly is optional with discounts being offered on the choice of yearly payments up to 25%.
Duda is an award-winning platform for site building that can give you exactly what you want.
Duda can be said to have really learned a great deal from old horses of the market and have sensed what it requires to outgrow all of them.
It is a relatively new platform that has exploded due to tons of positive customer feedback on the product.
Duda provides great speed as its top focus, which it also mentions right there at the top of the hierarchy of its great offerings.
The reason behind this is that Duda realizes that customers, which are actually businesses, are obsessed with the risk of the website being down and them losing the business. This kind of risk comes with a very big loss for any given business but it is much more impactful when it comes to small businesses.
- Duda is loaded with SEO, Search Engine Optimization, tools and features. It will, consequently, guide you in using SEO keywords to boost your Google visibility.
- Basic logo development and white label to attach to the websites are also available
Duda pricing is as follows:
- There is a free 14-day trial period.
- Basic offers one website that is hosted on AWS along with email support. It is offered at $14 per month.
- There is a Team expanded package that is offered at $22 per month. There is phone and chat support alongside email support in this package. There is also a team and client management feature which is offered here.
- Agency is the next step in the packages offered at Duda with the price of $44 per month. You can also attach dynamic pages and create widgets through widget builders.
- There is also a custom package where you can customize what you want or do not want according to the requirement of your business. The price would be according to what you finally decide and choose.
- All of these are billed yearly by accumulating the monthly charges.
Webflow is one of the fastest growing apps in the website builder market today.
There are approximately 35,000 designers and teams to create, collaborate on, and scale beautiful websites in a completely visual canvas offered by Webflow.
Furthermore, if you are someone who gets irritated by the coding then you should know that Webflow is the right place — no coding is needed during or after the construction of your website.
Webflow has made different interfaces that help three different types of people while building websites. These three groups are the ones that are most likely to require the assistance of website builders and, hence, the Webflow frees them from the need of a coder.
- There is a separate interface for designers, marketers, and developers in Webflow.
- Webflow also offers your creative side to express itself when it offers customizations on e-commerce stores.
- There is a guidance mechanism in Webflow that will show you a strong flow of customers towards the end product being bought by them.
- SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, which is offered by Webflow is considered to be very effective in Google Search.
Webflow pricing is as follows:
- There is a Basic package which is available at $12 per month.
- The CMS package is available at $16 per month.
- The Business package is offered at $36.
- There is also an Enterprise package that can be customized as per your needs.
Shopify just might be the most popular ecommerce website builder out there today, and for good reason.
The evolution of Shopify is remarkable. It is a business case study in of itself if you are interested in that sort of thing.
Shopify started as an online digital market, like Amazon, but quickly grew out of Amazon’s shadow and made its own distinct identity in the world of online business.
The distinction it created was in the fact that it gave people a chance to set up shops on the website.
Soon, the demand for customization arose and Shopify saw it coming. They soon started to include all the website design functionalities for the website builders to paint their own inner expressions on their shops.
While Shopify is best for e-commerce brands running an online store, your website can run separately from the Shopify platform and be your business online face regardless of the market niche you operate in.
You can say that, behind such a great website builder, there is a monumental experience of customer wants when it comes to their expressions and business in the contemporary world.
Shopify makes it super simple to get your website up and running in no time at all.
Want to add a blog so you can post articles and encourage discussion? No problem, that’s easy with Shopify.
Simply put, Shopify is a complete, fully-featured website builder and content management system that’s great for newbies and experts alike.
- There is a 14-day free trial offered by the company for you to test their product and see if it matches your requirements.
- Shopify offers high customization and website design functionalities which give you more power than many other website builders out there.
- There is analytics functionality that will monitor your customer activity when they visit your website.
- Shopify’s core product was e-commerce and you will see how much they lean towards it even in the website builder product they provide.
- Shipping functionality has always been offered by Shopify and, hence, is the same case with the website builder as well.
- Shopify products are regularly tested by cyber security professionals around the world to ensure the safety of customer data.
Shopify pricing includes 3 options after a 14-day free trial period:
- Basic, which is offered at $29 per month, offers all e-commerce related functionalities that are required by a regular business to make its way in the digital world and have occasional in-person sales.
- Shopify, which is offered at $79 per month, offers everything the Basic package has to offer and more. It offers one of the best functionalities in the market for developing online stores.
- Advanced, which is offered at $299 per month, combines all the functionalities of the above both and then becomes a little more complex than the basics. This package is for businesses that have passed the initial growing phase and are looking to scale further.
One of the best overall website builders is Wix due to its remarkable design flexibility and interface that is very easy to understand.
Furthermore, Wix allows a lot of freedom for web page customization while also offering a range of plans to suit the different needs of a wide range of website designers.
Wix offers drag-and-drop capabilities and 500+ industry-specific themes which makes it quite resourceful when it comes to building a website smoothly.
Again, coding is as far from Wix as possible. It supports the kind of customization that people crave when they look for coders
Wix offers a wide breadth of features that are delivered to customers with more than five hundred themes which turn out to be its greatest strengths. It covers everything from website advertising to photography showcasing, which makes it a complete package for the online existence of your business.
- It is a complete package and is tailored for serving all industries.
- Wix offers an easy interface with a learning curve that you will love. Wix’s website builder is a smart design.
- It also has brilliant SEO and first-rate marketing tools.
- Wix imposes data limitations on each of its plan tiers which might be one of its disadvantages.
- There is a 14-day free trial period.
- There is a Connect domain package with is the most basic and is offered at $4.50 per month.
- Then there is a Combo for personal use which is offered at $8.50 per month.
- The most popular is the Unlimited package which is offered at $12.50 per month. It is for Freelancers or Entrepreneurs.
- The largest one is the VIP package with first priority support. It is offered at $24.50 per month.
- The last two are given unlimited data privileges.
Bluehost has long been one of the most popular web hosting companies out there, but now, it also offers a robust website builder that makes it fast and easy to get a site off the ground.
This integration has led to a great combination of Bluehost’s website builder and WordPress. You can use the features of either of the products in your final product. This website builder has more than 300 templates alongside the previously mentioned integration and access of WordPress.
Furthermore, Bluehost carries with itself an aura of respect and has credibility a lot of other brands don’t have. Bluehost is an established business with a proven track record of customer satisfaction, and it’s been around for a lot longer than many other companies on this list.
- Since Bluehost is old and experienced it has great self-confidence when it comes to customer satisfaction. They offer a 30-day refund policy without any question asked.
- Bluehost was initially a Web Hosting service and due to this fact, you don’t need to look for Web Hosting elsewhere.
- Bluehost is backed by experts that have analyzed the Web Hosting market and have come up with the best ways to satisfy their customers.
- Bluehost offers an initial plan at $2.95 per month, for the first twelve months in terms of subscription.
- Then there is a Basic Plan which renews at $10.99 per month.
- The Pro plan that is offered by Bluehost is priced at $9.95 per month.
- For a 12-month subscription, Bluehost renews at $14.99 per month,
- The Online Store package is offered at $24.99 per month for twelve months and renews at $39.95 per month.
Web.com is among the easiest website builders to use.
However, this doesn’t mean it lacks features and options for building a great website.
Web.com has an easy-to-use interface with professional-looking templates.
All of the required website building tools that are available in the market, like pay-per-click advertising and Search Engine Optimization, are readily available and easily usable due to the ease of learning the interface.
So, if you are a newbie in the market of your niche and also a newbie in the game of website building Web.com might be a good choice.
- Web.com has an easy interface that guides you in building your website step by step.
- Marketing tools are available on Web.com in loads along with good guidance about why, how, or when to use them.
- Web.com is highly customizable. This can be considered as one of the best traits when it comes packaged with an easy interface. It’s very rare.
- There is a special package that is geared towards the setup of an online store. So if your business is all about e-commerce and you do not have knowledge of building a website then Web.com is the best choice for you.
- Web.com offers $1.95 per month for their website builder. Which I would say is the lowest of all.
- The online store features are offered at $3.95 per month.
Weebly boasts more than 50 million websites created on the platform around the globe.
We love how easy it is to use, making designing a website super simple no matter your level of experience.
Speed and size are also a big bonus here. Weebly lets you develop a really large website with lots of pages, and it doesn’t slow a bit.
Weebly’s offering doesn’t end here. It also offers unlimited storage which is great for online stores and other large websites.
As stated, the learning curve is low. On the other hand, it is not the only offer Weebly puts in front of the customer.
- Weebly is the runner-up in the market due to its high-quality functionality offering.
- It is good for people with little or no interest in coding but still want a live website that represents their business.
- Weebly analytics are quite accurate and can be used to make business decisions when your business is small and lacks the complexity of a large company.
- Weebly customer feedback is really good and hence you can be assured about its performance.
- It is focused on people who are limited in time and investments in website building.
Weebly pricing is as follows:
- There is a free plan that is offered by Weebly which offers the relevant tools and functionalities that are required for developing the website.
- On the other hand, if you want your domain name up and running then it’s merely $6 per month that is offered by Weebly. However, it is with Weebly advertisements.
- Then there is also an ad-free version coupled with analytics offered at $12 per month.
- Furthermore, there is a $26 per month plan that offers further tools like tax and shipping calculators.
Another experienced veteran of the market is GoDaddy and their free website builder.
It is slow, simplistic, and does not offer much complexity in terms of aesthetics in the website.
This may seem like a downside but it is best for people who focus more on their core product instead of the website and their online presence.
Sure, the online presence is really important but sometimes, depending on the product, online presence is not really necessary beyond availability.
Furthermore, being experienced in the market gives GoDaddy an edge when it comes to caring about security. In fact, it’s considered to be one of the most secure platforms for developing a website and hosting it.
- GoDaddy is regularly tested by cyber security professionals around the world to ensure the safety of customer data.
- GoDaddy offers a breakneck speed that can be harnessed without being at a loss when it comes to creativity.
- There is simplicity and value with a learning curve that is easy to follow.
- GoDaddy has Facebook and Instagram integration as well.
- The free plan includes important marketing tools like email and social media marketing, PayPal payments, and an SSL certificate.
- $10 per month is a basic plan
- With $15 per month, you can have an SEO tool
- GoDaddy offers full services at $20 per month.
- E-commerce is also offered at $25 per month.
Webnode is a free website builder that boasts 40 million satisfied users from around the globe.
One of the shining features of Webnode is that it connects and operates well even on laptops and smartphones. Whenever you get a burst of creativity, you can go ahead and add whatever brilliant idea you have come up with to your website from whatever device you have on hand.
Webnode’s blog and FAQ section are full of knowledge and different questions answered that will help you through the learning curve.
Still, though, the Webnode interface is quite easy to use and transcends many other website builders available on the market in this aspect as well.
Furthermore, Webnode also doesn’t require you to hire coders as it is completely friendly towards people who don’t have a Computer Science background.
- Elegant design capabilities are good for most non-art-related businesses.
- Easy interface for people to understand it better.
- You can add and build new things through your laptop or smartphone as well since the platform works well on all devices.
- More than twenty years of experience in customer satisfaction and, hence, no worries should be kept regarding deficiencies in that department.
- There is a Free package with limited functionalities offered by Webnode.
- The Limited package is about $3.90 per month.
- The Mini package is offered at $7.50 per month.
- The Standard package is offered at $12.90 per month.
- The Profit package is about $22.90 per month which offers Webnode functionalities at their full capacity.
In an attempt to bring the best of both worlds, Jimdo brings you social media integration, including Facebook and Instagram, along with the integration of payment systems in the online store package.
Jimdo is also incredibly rigorous in its cyber security since such integration would bring many security issues on the front. They regularly hire cyber security professionals to look for any security loopholes within their system.
In addition to that, they also put up their website on places like HackerOne and reward a bounty to anybody who, apart from the professional, tells them about their security flaws.
Jimdo is geared towards the e-commerce aspect of the market and most of its marketing in terms of money concessions are related to it.
You will regularly see discounts and exceptional services, like local pickup options and so on, that are related to e-commerce being offered on Jimdo in loads.
If you’re looking for a website builder that specializes in developing e-commerce sites, this is a solid choice.
- The cyber security mechanisms of Jimdo are very strong. Hence, your website would be safe from malicious hackers.
- Jimdo provides an all-in-one solution. It has all the integrations necessary for running a business efficiently.
- It is an e-commerce focused website builder.
- The learning curve is easy.
- The Play package is free. It is a good way of getting a taste for Jimdo.
- The Start package is priced at $10 per month.
- The Grow package costs $20 per month.
- The unlimited package is offered at $39 per month.
What to Look for in a Website Builder
When looking for a website builder, you have to first consider what kind of business you want a website built for and what you’ll need it for both now and in the future.
For example, some businesses are e-commerce focused and would need a rigorous e-commerce mechanism.
On the other hand, if a business is in its infancy then it would need a small and simplistic website that would represent its brand in a cheap fashion.
Knowing your requirements and the nature of your business is vital before coming forth and choosing a website builder.
Having said that, here are the most important things to look for when choosing a website builder:
- Marketing and SEO tools
- Room for customization
- Technicalities or ease of use.
- E-commerce integrations.
- Marketing application integrations.
Why Should You Use a Website Builder?
Hiring a website designer and developer is incredibly expensive, and it’s no longer needed 99% of the time.
Today’s best website builders make it easy for anyone to build, launch, and grow their website without the need of coding or design skills.
Not only that, today’s top website builder apps offer advanced tools and features that ensure optimal site performance, including tools for maximizing site speed, improving SEO, maintaining site security, and more.
A Final Word on Website Builders
Whether you’re a total newbie or you’ve had several of your own websites over the years, today’s best website builders offer everything you need to launch the site of your dreams.
But remember, not all website creators are made equal, and what works best for one type of website might not be the best choice for another.
Our recommendation is to explore the options above, take advantage of their free trial offers, and figure out which website creator best fits your needs.
Looking to build landing pages for a paid campaign? Make sure you also check out our guide to the best landing page builders.
Have any questions about website builders? Comment below and we’ll help you out.