With the best WordPress plugins for course creators and eLearning professionals, you can deliver a top-notch learning experience to your students without any hassle.
There are tons of great eLearning WordPress plugins out there that can do everything from serving as a platform for creating and delivering your course to giving you a way to interact with your students and more.
Of course, with thousands upon thousands of WordPress plugins available, it can be tough to know where to start.
That’s why we’ve reviewed and ranked the best WordPress plugins for course creators and eLearning professionals based on a variety of factors, including functionality, dependability, ease of use, user reviews, cost, and more.
What Are WordPress Plugins?
WordPress plugins are software programs that can be installed on a WordPress site to add new features and functionality.
“There’s a plugin for that” is a proverb that is well-known in the WordPress community.
There are plugins for just about everything, from social media integration to contact forms to online quizzes to eCommerce and more.
And, of course, there are plenty of great plugins for course creators and eLearning professionals like instructional designers.
The Benefits Of Using Plugins for eLearning
Using WordPress plugins for your eLearning needs has a number of advantages, including:
- Increased Functionality: WordPress plugins can help you do just about anything with your site, including adding features that would otherwise be impossible or very difficult to achieve.
- Improved Interactivity: By using plugins, you can make your courses more interactive and engaging for your students. This can include adding quizzes, feedback forms, surveys, and more.
- Maximized Efficiency: WordPress plugins can automate or streamline various tasks, such as setting up automated emails, creating landing pages, and managing payment processing. This can free up your time so you can focus on creating great content for your courses.
- Easy Online Course Creation & Delivery: There are some great WordPress plugins that can help you create and publish courses with various lesson types and content quickly and easily.
What are the Best WordPress Plugins for Course Creators?
Jotform is one of the most popular form plugins for WordPress. It’s easy to use and lets you create forms of all types, including quizzes, surveys, contact forms, and more.
Jotform has a number of uses that are great for course creators and other eLearning professionals. For example, with the help of the template for a homework submission form from Jotform, you can collect student work at your convenience and keep control over the grading system.
Students can give input on the tools they use to take part in online classes, meetings, discussions, and lectures through the virtual learning survey on Jotform.
- Use form templates to quickly create quizzes and exams
- Totally free to use
- No coding required to create online quizzes and forms
- Great reporting and analytics
- Allows payment collection via forms for selling online courses
- Integrations with countless other business tools
- Starter- Free
- Bronze- $34/month
- Silver- $39/month
- Gold- $99/month
Our Jotform review has more details on this popular tool.
LearnDash is a fully-featured learning management system that includes everything you need to create, deliver, and sell courses online.
LearnDash makes it easy to create and manage your courses with features like drip content, lesson timers, quiz grading, certificate generation, and more.
Since LearnDash has a good speed with some impressive features, it is used by numerous Fortune 500 companies and top universities.
LearnDash offers the majority of the essential features of an LMS Web Plug-in.
- Complete suite with tools for content drip-feeding, rewarding learners, selling courses, and amplifying trigger points.
- Mobile-friendly for learning on the go.
- Advanced and powerful payment system houses the industry’s top experts in customer support.
LearnDash offers a few different plans for its LMS plugin:
- 1 site — $199/year
- 10 sites — $399/year
- Unlimited — $799/year
The top membership plugin available, MemberPress is an excellent tool for online course creators who want to sell access to their courses.
With MemberPress, you can easily create and manage memberships, collect payments, grant access to content, and much more.
Additionally, MemberPress integrates with many popular plugins and services, making it easy to add it to your workflow.
- You can hide exclusive content, including e-learning, top-quality blogs, discussion groups, and more with MemberPress.
- Purchases are made depending on the membership.
- The user has the option to control the visibility of the site to members.
- To relieve your concern about course styling, there is additionally a new Classroom Mode setting.
- Your course will have a polished appearance thanks to MemberPress, which takes care of it automatically.
The cost is $149 for a single site per year in the beginning, which then increases with each addition.
4. Lifter LMS
Lifter LMS is yet another option you could choose for your online courses. It’s a complete learning management system that lets you easily create, sell, and deliver courses online.
Lifter LMS includes features like drip content, course tracks, multiple instructor capabilities, form integrations, certificates, student management, and more. Additionally, it integrates with popular plugins like WooCommerce and BuddyPress to give you even more flexibility in how you run your
- We prefer Lifter LMS, though, because of the innovative integrations it offers with AffiliateWP, MailChimp, and WooCommerce.
- Lifter LMS might be a better option than LearnDash if you already use one or more of the many integrations it offers.
- There is a further opportunity to use LifterLMS before payment because a $1, 30-day money-back guarantee trial is also offered.
- Lifter LMS is renowned for its amenities, in a package that includes things like different sampling courses, formative assessments, accreditations, and a completely operational website.
- If you don’t have much technical experience but have ready-to-launch content, this may be relevant to you.
- There are a few glaring differences, but overall the features are similar to LearnDash.
- $299 per year
- Add-ons for $99
Sensei is a helpful adjunct to an e-commerce website that intends to promote internet videos and courses because it is available as a WooCommerce extension.
- Simple course creation, lesson writing, and quiz addition are the main tenets.
- When integrating other WooCommerce components with the courses, user registration is also offered and is a straightforward process
- Upgrades must be made every year because this price is only valid for one year. Sensei can be used without a WooCommerce theme, which is something else to take into account.
- Overall, WordPress’s intuitiveness is the foundation upon which Sensei is built, making it ideal for new users.
Sensei has plans ranging from $49 to $349 per year, depending on the number of sites you have and other features.
With WPCourseware, a unique WordPress LMS plugin, you can create online course ecosystems to sell online courses as opposed to an eCommerce store.
- The plugin’s cutting-edge drag-and-drop interface is a big help in developing the design of the lesson pages. Among its most notable features is its order management.
- Unlike other WordPress LMS plugins, WPCourseware has a feature using which you can have course creations that look like products that create courses that are similar to products.
- It lets you assign work, track enlistment rates, and set terms and conditions all from one place.
- Teacher- $129/year
- Professor- $149/year
- Guru- $199/year
7. Namaste LMS
The LMS should not be disregarded as the Without having to spend a lot of money, you can create an acceptable online course by downloading the fundamental plug-ins for free.
- The design, however, will probably be based on the Namaste! the premium theme, which costs $47 to purchase.
- The Namaste! The Pro module also includes a ton of add-ons and a high-price endorsement for the entire year.
- If you don’t purchase the premium package, you will not have access to essential features like teacher assignments or delayed course material.
- Even so, the price is still fair. Additional helpful features include making graded quizzes, having complete control over the designing of course pages, organizing downloadable certificates after a course is completed, and many more.
- Several factors make WP Courseware one of the more promising WordPress LMS plugins. Pricing is, first and foremost, much simpler in comparison to some of the competition.
- The closest thing to a free trial you’ll find is the on-site demo, which has a lovely layout and actual course material to spark your imagination.
- Bridges- $0
- Namaste!Connects- $27
- Namaste!Reports- $27
- Namaste!LMS Theme- $47
Finally, we have the MasterStudy LMS plugin as another option. Our list’s newest LMS plugin is also one of the most feature-rich ones.
- Building, customizing, and managing your WordPress site for online education is made simple and hassle-free.
- Every WordPress theme is compatible with the plugin, which is free to download. Their premium WordPress theme brings in all the additional features, giving an exciting experience.
- All of the major components of the MasterStudy LMS were built using Vue.js, which allows for quick page loads and fluid page transitions.
9. Tutor LMS
One of the most popular WordPress Plugins is Tutor LMS. They have gathered a group of more than 50,000 eLearning aficionados in a remarkably brief amount of time.
- The frontend curriculum designer, slide course creation, diploma builder, and ongoing development support from the parent company, “Themeum,” are just a few of the special features that come with it.
- You can use it to access a variety of premium plugins, like Course Previews, Certificates, Content Drip, Multi-Instructor, and more.
- For effective communication, live video classrooms with Zoom, and a completely personalized course-building experience, you can also leverage connectors with Google Classroom, Elementor, and other platforms.
- In addition, the Tutor LMS promises a safe platform with the best coding standards.
- It integrates with an increasing number of popular plugins, including GamiPress, BuddyPress, and page builder plugins, as well as e-commerce plugins.
The basic plugin is free, but the premium plan costs $149 for obtaining a license for a single site.
Teachable is an online course platform that makes it effortless to create and sell beautiful courses.
You can upload video, audio, PDFs, presentations, and text to create engaging lessons.
With Teachable, you can easily string together these lesson types into a complete course using their simple drag-and-drop editor.
Teachable also provides you with a beautiful, customizable website and checkout process so you can start selling your courses as soon as they’re ready.
- You can easily create online courses using Teachable, a hosted platform.
- For WordPress, purchasing a web hosting or adding plugins is not necessary. Simply register and begin building courses.
- Teachable is a fantastic choice for total newbies. You can begin creating your course right away because there is no setup procedure
- Creating training or coaching programs with it, though, is not a great idea. You should be aware that you are not in total control.
- You can never predict when the platform will increase prices or modify its terms of service.
- However, you can create an unlimited number of courses using the Teachable free plan. A custom domain name can be added by switching to the $29 monthly plan.
- Basic- Free
- Freelancers- $199/year
- Agencies- $299/year
- Individuals- $149/year
Final Word on the Best WordPress Plugins for Online Course Creators
There are lots of great WordPress plugins for online courses available. Selecting the best one for you depends on your specific needs and objectives.
Take the time to think about what you want to accomplish with your online courses. Do you want to create a simple, single-course website?
Are you looking to build an online empire with multiple courses and instructors?
Do you need interactive forms?
By identifying your needs, you can find the right WordPress plugins for all of your eLearning needs.
Have any questions about our guide to the best WordPress plugins for online course creators? Let us know by commenting below.