Using the best online proofreading services can help you ensure that your documents are error-free and professional.
Whether you are writing a report, an essay, or any other type of document, a quality proofreading service can help you present your ideas in the best possible way.
Not only does a proofreader help detect and remove any errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation; but they can also catch typos and other inconsistencies in your writing.
Furthermore, having an extra set of eyes review one’s work helps writers ensure they’re getting their message across in a way that’s clear and concise.
Of course, not all proofreading services are created equal — finding the best service for you can be challenging.
That’s why we’ve reviewed and ranked the best online proofreading services and tools based on a variety of key factors, including quality of service, turnaround time, customer reviews, price, and more.
Let’s get started…
What are the Best Online Proofreading Services?
Here are our picks for the top proofreader services currently on the market:
Scribendi offers a full suite of professional editing and proofreading services to academics, students, professionals, authors, and individuals from all around the world. With unmatched quality, exceptional accuracy, and impressive turnaround times, Scribendi has been an industry leader for 20+ years.
Varies (get an instant quote)
Scribendi is a full-service proofreading and editing service.
The company offers a wide range of services from basic proofreading to in-depth copyediting and developmental editing.
With an elite team of professional proofreaders available around the clock, Scribendi can provide fast, reliable service for any type of document.
Since 1997, Scribendi has been helping students, academic professionals, authors, and business people with all of their editing and proofreading needs.
Scribendi boasts one of the most experienced teams of editors in the industry. Every editor is highly trained and familiar with multiple academic disciplines and a variety of writing styles. As a result, Scribendi can handle edits across a wide range of topics from business proposals to scientific presentations.
The combination of their unbeatable expertise and quality service make them the clear choice when it comes to taking your written work to the next level.
- Editing and proofreading by a team of 400+ professionals
- Super-fast turnaround times
- Multiple services such as proofreading, critical review, and copyediting
- Protection of submitted work using bank-grade security
$80 for 1000 words
Wordvice has been working with universities and research centers since 2013 to provide proofreading services, including advanced editing for students and academic professionals for multiple subjects.
Wordvice is known for their service’s excellent quality, value for money, and fast service as the team strives to improve the turnaround time for their clients without compromising on quality.
You can get your 1000-word document back in 24 hours.
Their services are available in six nations: China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Turkey, and the United States.
- Offers academic editing
- Specialized work by experts in relevant fields
- Human editors instead of AI ones
- Advanced grammar and spell-check
- Advanced editing along with formatting
- Punctual delivery
- Global team working on various tasks
- Suggestions by real-time editors
- Follow academic guidelines in formatting documents
- Reasonable pricing
$36 for 1000 words (24 hours turnaround)
PaperTrue is a global company that offers customers online editing and proofreading services.
They offer the best in their field to students and professionals through their proofreaders, who are native English speakers.
Their editorial staff is also trustworthy if you need more thorough levels of editing. Its core services offer file formatting, referencing, and plagiarism checks for academic documents.
If you’re ever unhappy with the work you receive from them, PaperTrue will revise your document for free to compensate their customers for the bad experience.
A document submitted on PaperTrue usually has a turnaround time between 12 hours to one week.
- Native English writers/editors carry out proofreading tasks
- Grammar and spell check
- Punctuation and tone check
- Advanced editing improves text’s readability by giving clarity and flow to the text
- Formats document as per given guidelines
- Good customer support service
- Prompt response from editors
4. Get Proofed
$35 for 1000 words (24 hours turnaround)
Get Proofed is another site with a reputation for offering quick, inexpensive, and efficient proofreading services. They assist with academic document referencing and technical consistency, making it a trustworthy service for students and business professionals.
Their services are available 24/7 and have an average turnaround of 24 hours if the length of your document is less than 10,000 words. The time can vary depending on the document’s length.
Get Proofed is one of the most viable options out there, especially for business professionals.
- Allows adding new words to the software’s bank
- User-friendly interface
- Simple instructions
- Grammar and spell-check
- Quick response
- Provides suggestions on writing style and tone
$90-$144 for 1000 words
Pricing plans also vary per service. See here.
In the world of academic writing and research, Enago is a well-known brand. They’ve collaborated with top academic publishing houses and institutions for the past 15 years.
They are known to have an association with several researchers globally. Editors at Enago are specialists in their fields and possess expertise in the caliber of writing that gets the approval for publication with high remarks.
Copyediting and constructive editing are possible with their “two editors” method. To prevent editing from affecting your content, you are paired with a relevant expert in your area of work. Your research paper will be refined to improve the overall quality, including the language and formatting.
- Grammar and spell check, along with a realistic style
- User-friendly interface
- Human editors supervise the editing process
- Costing system based on pay-as-you-go
- Edit using the precise format of your chosen field, such as finance, commercial, educational, or health
$40.25 for 1000 words (24 hours turnaround)
Scribbr specializes in editing and proofreading academic documents. They work on all forms of academic writing, including research papers, theses, and others. They offer editorial and proofreading services with references to ensure your document’s accuracy and consistency.
Scribbr usually turns in documents in three periods: 24 hours, 72 hours, and one week. Their plagiarism detector helps maintain the originality of your document.
- Proofreading is carried out by professional editors, authors, and graduates
- Spelling and Grammar Check
- No use of AI
- Feedback is provided by real editors, along with suggested improvements
- Add-on editing services are offered, including citations, etc.
- Allows re-editing of documents
- Refund in case of unsatisfied customers
$.043 per word (24 hours turnaround)
- One-year plan- $6.25 per month
- Six months plan- $8.33 per month
- One-month plan- $9.97 per month
With the help of its two highly skilled editors, Proofreading Pal employs a two-proofreader model. They offer their services to all, ranging from professionals to students. The company also accepts phone orders as well as online ones.
Proofreading Pal has more than 17000 clients from the pool of writers, students, researchers, and business professionals. Their services are listed in great detail on their website. A free sample of 400 words is also available, and you’ll get it back in 12 hours.
- Suggestions are highlighted
- Scoring of the edited document is provided
- Allows document downloads for future editing
Wordy is another online proofreading tool that provides high-quality edited content to authors, professionals, and students. The best part is that you can edit 50,000 characters on Wordy at no fee.
To help customers increase the readability and style of their documents, Wordy offers a full-fledged report containing scores on your writing style, grammar use, etc. The suggestions are highlighted for changing in real-edit mode.
- Highlights writing suggestions for grammar and spelling
- Provides a report of the edited document
- Editing is restricted to 50,000 characters but without any fee
Are you wondering what makes Typely different? Well, you can tailor the proofreading settings on Typely, an online proofreader, to your specific requirements. It provides you with an accurate report by rating your document. It also gives suggestions for improvement along with some other statistics.
Once you’re done fixing typos, grammar, and other mistakes, you can export the file to your laptop to work offline. Typely is an excellent tool for checking your work because it is constantly updated and cheaper than many other online proofreading sites.
- Spelling and grammar check
- Personalized editing services
- Free of cost
$14 per 1000 words
This service is very reasonable for editing and proofreading academic work. The platform offers high-quality editing as per your chosen guidelines. Their proofreading service dissertation is more famous than any of their other services.
Based on educational levels, from bachelor’s to doctoral degrees, the service packages of proofradingservices.com are separated into different categories.
You will receive a price estimate based on the length of the paper after submission.
- A flat rate is offered per thousand words
- Visual representation of complex data, such as using tables and figures
- Formatted document with proper referencing
- Journal guidelines are followed
- Provide services in almost all fields-English, Biology, Psychology, etc.
- Basic Version- Free
- Business Version- $139.95/year
- Premium Version- $150/member and year
Today, the market’s top editing and proofreading tool is Grammarly. Although this is a more recent offering and appears less feature-rich than the others, it seamlessly integrates with Google Docs.
The desktop application allows you to drag and drop a.docx file to open on the app and edit your writing even though the MS Office add-on is incompatible with Mac.
It has three different pricing plans, and a free one makes it a feasible choice for all users.
- Accept improvements with one-click suggestions
- Intuitive and easy interface
- Filter out categories with one click
- Use the “Change-all” option for prevalent errors
- ProWritingAid Premium- $79/ year
- ProWritingAid Premium+- $89/ year
- Other plans include monthly, lifetime, and yearly subscriptions
ProWritingAid comes up with a comprehensive solution as it offers several advantages, including increased productivity, consistent branding, and developing skills and capabilities while writing a text.
For frequently used words and phrases, suggestions are given. Online access to ProWritingAid has free and premium versions. It works with Google Docs, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Edge, making it one of the best choices for writers or students.
- A report is issued to improve readability, such as passive verbs, different use of adverbs, hidden verbs, and repetitive phrases
- Clichés, repetition of words, and everyday words are highlighted to make sentences less complicated
- Grammar correction and spelling mistakes
- Offers real-time editing with suggestions
- Provide summary statistics of the writing piece
A Final Word on the Best Online Proofreading Services & Tools
Whether you’re writing an essay, a business presentation, a book, or something else, using a proofreading service (or at the very least, a proofreading tool) is essential.
Not only does it help ensure your writing is accurate and error-free, but it also helps you to spot any glaring issues with the content itself that you may have overlooked through multiple drafts.
The best online proofreading services will ensure your writing is up to par, allowing you to focus on other aspects of the project without having to worry about accuracy or grammar.
Scribendi tops our list because of its comprehensive, professional approach to editing and proofreading. They can help ensure your final product is something you can be truly proud to deliver.
Have any questions about the best online proofreading services? Let us know by commenting below.