One key factor in achieving efficiency and productivity is through employee training, and that’s where training, or instructional, videos come into play.
Instructional videos play a critical role in employee training as they can provide clear, concise information in a format that is easy to understand and follow. This allows employees to learn at their own pace, review the material as needed, and apply what they’ve learned in real-world situations. The use of video in training also helps to improve employee engagement and retention of information, as visual aids can help to reinforce the concepts being taught.
Moreover, training videos can be easily accessible from anywhere, at any time. This flexibility enables employees to review the material as often as needed and ensures that they have the resources they need to succeed in their roles. Additionally, the ability to track progress and completion of training materials allows organizations to monitor employee performance and identify areas where further training may be required.
In order to create high-quality training videos, it is essential to have the right software tools. Training videos software is specifically designed to facilitate the creation and editing of instructional videos, making it easier for businesses and organizations to deliver engaging, informative, and professional content.
Using proper video editing software offers numerous benefits for both organizations and employees. These benefits include:
- Increased engagement: High-quality, visually appealing videos are more likely to capture and hold the attention of employees, resulting in increased engagement and better retention of information.
- Cost-effectiveness: Video editing software allows you to create professional-quality training videos in-house, reducing the need for expensive external resources.
- Flexibility: Training videos can be easily updated as needed, ensuring that the content remains relevant and up-to-date.
- Consistency: Video editing software allows you to maintain a consistent look and feel across all of your training materials, reinforcing your organization’s brand and messaging.
- Performance tracking: Many video editing software solutions offer analytics and reporting features, allowing you to track employee progress and completion of training materials and quizzes.
In this article, we will explore the importance of instructional video in employee training, key features to look for in software, and the 11 best training video software available on the market.
When choosing training videos software, there are several key features that you should consider to select a solution that meets your organization’s needs. These include:
- Ease of use: The software should be user-friendly and easy to navigate, allowing even those with limited experience in video editing to create professional-quality training videos.
- Customization features: Look for software that offers a wide range of customization options, such as templates, animations, and effects, to help you create engaging and visually appealing videos.
- Integration capabilities: The software should be compatible with other tools and platforms commonly used in your organization, such as Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Video editing capabilities: The software should offer a comprehensive suite of video editing tools, allowing you to make adjustments and enhancements to your training videos as needed.
- Analytics and reporting: Robust analytics and reporting features can provide valuable insights into the effectiveness of your training videos, helping you to identify areas for improvement and measure the impact of your training efforts.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost for you, we might get a commission if you click the link and purchase.
Top 11 Video Editing Training Software
Movavi Video Editor is a robust, user-friendly video maker that boasts an extensive array of features and tools, empowering you to produce top-notch training videos. Its intuitive interface simplifies the editing process, while customizable templates cater to various styles and preferences. The comprehensive library of effects and animations allows for boundless creativity when designing captivating content.
Movavi ensures that your employees remain engaged and informed through visually appealing videos that effectively convey essential information. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned editor, Movavi Video Editor is the perfect solution for crafting professional-quality educational materials that resonate with your audience.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Background removal
- Easy-to-use stickers and tiles for clearer explanations
- Automatic audio synchronization
- Advanced color correction and image enhancement tools
Movavi Video Editor is available for purchase in a single one-year subscription at $54.95. You can also opt for a lifetime license for $74.95
Synthesia is a cutting-edge AI video creation platform that allows you to create high-quality training videos using only text input. With Synthesia, you don’t need lecturers, studios, or fancy equipment – making it an incredibly cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes.
Synthesia’s AI-powered platform enables you to create engaging and realistic training videos that can be customized to suit your specific needs. With 85+ AI avatars, 120+ languages and accents, and a vast media library at your disposal, you can create instructional videos that resonate with your target audience.
- 85+ human-like diverse AI avatars (with an option to create custom avatars too)
- 120+ languages and accents
- Free media library
- Option to include closed captions to video
Synthesia offers a free onsite demo for you to try out the platform. Pricing starts at $30 a month for 10 video credits.
LearnWorlds is an online course platform that comes with simple but effective course creation software. It’s perfect for e-learning businesses, educators, course creators, marketers, and individual instructors who want to create, sell, and promote interactive online courses.
LearnWorlds allows you to create interactive training videos that engage your audience and facilitate learning. With features such as live sessions, surveys, assessments, and more, you can create comprehensive online courses that cater to different learning styles and preferences.
- Live sessions
- Website builder
- Survey builder
- Checkouts and payments
- Assessment builder
LearnWorlds offers three pricing plans:
- Starter: $24/month (with a $5 per course sale transaction fee)
- Pro Trainer: $79/month (no transaction fees)
- Learning Center: $249/month (no transaction fees)
Previously known as WireWax, now part of Vimeo, is a powerful web-based app that lets you add overlays and interactive elements to your training videos, providing an engaging and immersive learning experience for your viewers.
With Vimeo’s interactive editing software, you can create self-led viewing experiences using video branching, allowing viewers to choose their learning path and engage with your content more effectively. This makes it an excellent option for creating interactive training videos that cater to different learning styles and preferences.
- Interactive touchpoints
- Customizable overlays and hotspots
- “Add to cart” buttons in videos
- Video analytics
Vimeo offers annual billing for its pricing tiers:
- Starter: $12/seat/month (60 videos a year)
- Standard: $20/seat/month (120 videos a year)
- Advanced: $65/seat/month (500 videos a year)
ScreenRec is free, easy-to-use screen recording software that enables you to capture your screen and create simple walkthroughs and instructional videos.
With its 1-click capture feature, ScreenRec allows you to quickly and easily create instructional videos by recording your screen. This makes it an ideal solution for creating simple training videos with voice-over that demonstrate specific tasks or processes.
- 1-click screen capture
- Instant sharing (with a privacy option)
- Basic video analytics
ScreenRec is free to use.
Loom is a screen recording tool that aims to streamline workplace communication by allowing you to record and share videos with others. It’s a great option for quickly sharing updates or creating simple instructional videos.
Loom’s screen recording capabilities and instant editing tools make it easy to create basic training videos that can be shared with your team. However, for more sophisticated video tutorials, you may want to consider a more feature-rich software.
- Dual screen recording and webcam bubble
- Privacy controls
- Viewer insights
- Instant editing
Loom offers a limited free plan, and an $12.50 per month subscription for creating videos longer than 5 minutes.
Animaker is user-friendly video editing software that enables you to create animated training videos using drag-and-drop functionality and a vast library of stock assets.
Animaker’s intuitive interface and extensive asset library make it easy for beginners to create engaging animated training videos that capture their audience’s attention and facilitate learning.
- Character creator
- Live video editing
- Over a million stock assets
- Video overlays
Animaker offers a limited free version, with paid plans:
- Basic: $10/month for 5 premium downloads
- Starter: $19/month for 10 premium downloads
- Pro: $49/month for 30 premium downloads
Powtoon is an easy-to-use animated video editing software with a wide range of customizable templates that can help you create simple animated instructional videos.
Powtoon’s drag-and-drop functionality and customizable templates make it easy for users to create simple animated training videos that effectively convey information and engage viewers.
- Intuitive activity dashboard
- Impressive template library
- Extensive integration options
- Multi-language tool
Powtoon offers a limited free version, with paid plans starting at:
- Lite: $15/month billed annually
- Professional: $70/month billed annually
- Business: $125/month billed annually
Adobe Premiere Pro is a professional-grade video editing software that offers top-of-the-line features for creating high-quality training videos. However, it has a steep learning curve and may not be suitable for beginners.
Premiere Pro’s extensive feature set and powerful editing tools make it an ideal choice for creating professional-quality training videos. However, its steep learning curve may make it less suitable for first-time video editors.
- Countless features for audio and VFX
- Creative Cloud libraries for collaboration
- 360-Degree VR video
Adobe Premiere Pro costs $31.49 a month, or $20.99 a month with an annual subscription.
Final Cut Pro is a popular video editing software for Mac users that offers a range of advanced features, including a magnetic timeline, auto-syncing for multicamera projects, and support for 360° equirectangular video.
Final Cut Pro’s advanced video editing features and seamless integration with other Apple products make it an ideal choice for Mac users looking to create high-quality training videos.
- Magnetic timeline
- Auto-syncing for editing multicamera projects
- Works with a wide range of formats
- Import and edit 360° equirectangular video
Final Cut Pro is available for a one-time purchase of $299.99 in the Mac App Store.
iMovie is a free and easy-to-use video editing software for Mac users. It offers basic video editing tools, such as transitions, text overlays, and effects, making it an ideal choice for beginners looking to create simple instructional videos.
iMovie’s simple interface makes it easy for first-time video editors to quickly learn the basics of video editing and create effective instructional videos. While iMovie is exclusive to Apple devices, many users are curious about how to get iMovie for Windows. Regrettably, there isn’t an official version for non-Apple platforms, but the variety of alternative video editing programs above are accessible on Windows, providing comparable features and capabilities.
- Simple user interface
- Built-in music and sound effects library
- Transitions, text overlays, and effects
- Support for 4K resolution video
iMovie is available to download for free from the Mac App Store.
What is Training Video Software?
Training video software is a specialized type of video editing software designed specifically for creating and editing instructional videos. These tools offer a range of features and capabilities tailored to the unique needs of training videos, such as customizable templates, animations, and effects, as well as integration with popular LMS and CMS platforms.
Training videos are an essential component of effective employee training, and choosing the right training video software is crucial to creating engaging, informative, and professional content. By considering the key features and benefits outlined in this article, you can make an informed decision and select the software that best meets your organization’s needs. With the right tools and resources, you can enhance your training efforts, improve employee engagement and retention, and drive better results for your business.
Whether you’re looking for a simple solution for screen recording or a comprehensive platform for creating interactive online courses, there’s a software option out there that can help you achieve your training video goals. And remember, always listen to feedback and be willing to make improvements – that’s the key to creating truly effective training videos.