Editor’s Note 9/18/23: From now until Sunday, October 1st at midnight EDT, users can get 40% off on an annual subscription to Skillshare with code AFF40923.
Are you wanting to learn some new skills by taking online classes but wondering if the Skillshare pricing is worth it?
Skillshare is an immersive online learning platform filled with thousands of classes. It is perfect for creatives and entrepreneurs.
There are classes in various categories such as art and design, acting, cinematography, business, proofreading, programming, voice over training, instructional design, Microsoft Office, web design, digital marketing, illustration, and more. Skillshare is a great alternative to Masterclass and other online course platforms.
But one area where people sometimes get confused is understanding how Skillshare’s pricing works. Do you buy their online courses individually? Is it a monthly subscription? Are there any free classes?
Don’t worry, we’re here to clear things up for you.
Our guide takes a detailed look at each of the plans offered by Skillshare, including their cost, key features, and free trial information. By the time you finish this guide, you’ll be able to decide which plan is right for you.
Skillshare also offers a one-month free trial, so you can fully experience the platform before making any commitments.
This guide has been completely updated for 2023 to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information on Skillshare and its plans. We’ll explain how to take advantage of the free trial, discuss subscription fees associated with taking courses, and more.
Let’s get started with our Skillshare pricing overview for 2023!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost for you, we might get a commission if you click the link and purchase.
How Much Does Skillshare Cost in 2023?
As of fall 2023, the cost of a Skillshare membership is currently $165 per year, which works out to $13.75/month averaged out.
This price does seem to slightly change from time to time. Earlier this year, Skillshare was priced just slightly higher around $167.88 for an annual membership, and in the past, they’ve explored different pricing options, including monthly options. However, at the time of this writing, the Skillshare monthly membership option doesn’t exist anymore.
Skillshare Premium membership gives you:
- Unlimited access to over 34,000 Skillshare courses in a wide range of categories
- Access to the student community where you can engage in discussions with other students taking the courses you’re taking
- Download Skillshare classes for offline viewing (currently only available on tablets and phones, not available on desktops)
- Earn Badges and Class Certificates for completing classes
- Gain hands-on expertise with class projects
- Enjoy Learning Paths with curated series of sequential courses for building skills
- Discounts on other creative platforms, including SquareSpace and Adobe Creative Cloud.
You might be asking, “Is there a free Skillshare plan?”
Skillshare used to offer a free membership tier that included limited access to a small selection of classes. However, they got rid of the free Skillshare courses a year ago back in September 2021, and now, the only option is the annual premium membership plan.
Skillshare also has plans for teams. These plans are for businesses that want to subscribe with multiple users and other students.
You can learn more about the Skillshare Teams plan pricing in the chart below:
Skillshare Premium Membership- $165/year ($13.75/month) billed annually.
The Skillshare Premium membership gives learners access to thousands of classes taught by top experts and industry leaders.
With a Skillshare membership, learners also have access to the student community and the Skillshare app.
Learners will be able to download and save classes for offline learning and enjoy each class completely ad-free. The ability to download classes really is a huge bonus here and is useful for so many situations, like when you’re traveling and don’t have internet access.
The annual Skillshare membership cost also gives the learner amazing discounts on other creative platforms such as SquareSpace and Adobe Creative Cloud.
The Skillshare annual membership does require a once-a-year payment upfront for the whole period, but it’s a great value for what you get.
- Unlimited access to all of Skillshare’s classes
- Ad-free content
- Download courses for offline viewing
- Massive discounts for other creative programs
- Access to Skillshare’s online learning community
- Quick and simple to maneuver lesson plans
- Access to join Skillshare “Groups” to share work and learn from others
- Feedback and advice from teachers and classmates
- Easy-to-use platform
Who is the Skillshare Premium Membership Best Suited For?
The Skillshare Premium membership is best for anyone wanting to enhance or learn new or existing skills.
The annual subscription offers access to all of the classes available at Skillshare ranging in topics from freelance and entrepreneurship, marketing, creative writing, and fine arts. There is something for every learning with a Skillshare membership.
The Premium subscription gives learners access to essentially an unlimited amount of education.
Skillshare Pricing Q&A
Is there a Skillshare free trial?
Yes! Skillshare offers a free one-month trial.
Does Skillshare offer both monthly and annual payment plans?
Currently, Skillshare only offers an annual membership as of Fall 2023. There used to be a Skillshare monthly subscription option but it’s no longer available at the time of this writing.
Does Skillshare offer discounts?
What form of payment does Skillshare accept?
Skillshare accepts all major credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay for the annual subscription.
Does Skillshare have a refund policy?
Skillshare offers a refund on annual memberships if contacted within 7 days of purchase.
Can you cancel Skillshare?
Yes, canceling Skillshare is easy and you can do it at any time. Just log in to your account, go to the Payments tab, and click ‘Cancel Membership’ if you signed up through the Skillshare site. If you signed up for a Skillshare account via the Google Play or Apple Store, you’ll need to cancel through those methods.
After you cancel Skillshare, your account will remain active through the period you’ve already paid for.
What are some popular classes on Skillshare?
- Portrait Photography – Shoot and Edit Instagram-Worthy Shots
- Mastering Tik Tok – Stop Scrolling and Post Your 1st Tik Tok
- Easy Animation – Make Fun, Cute GIFS For Your Instagram
- Confidence for Creatives – 5 Exercises to Grow Your Confidence and Self-Care
How long are the classes on Skillshare?
Skillshare classes contain anywhere from 20-50 minutes of pre-recorded video.
Skillshare Pricing Compared to Other Online Learning Sites
You might be wondering how Skillshare’s membership fee compares to other popular course websites, like Masterclass or LinkedIn Learning.
Let’s take a look:
- Coursera pricing — $59 a month or $399 a year for a Coursera Plus subscription
- LinkedIn Learning pricing — $39.99 for month-to-month or $240 for an annual membership
- Masterclass pricing — $96-$276 a year, no monthly plans available
- Udemy pricing — Individual courses sell anywhere from $19.99 to $199 each
At $13.75/month ($165 billed annually), Skillshare pricing is a solid value when compared to other major players in the online course marketplace. The only cheaper option really is Masterclass, but it’s worth pointing out that they have far fewer classes and don’t cover nearly as many topics as you’ll find on the Skillshare platform.
Skillshare Pricing Review
- Premium – $13.75/month billed annually ($165 annual charge)
- Teams – Starting at $159 per user annually
Recap of Skillshare Plans and Features
- Skillshare Premium Plan – Access to an unlimited number of classes, (thousands and thousands), access to the wonderful Skillshare community, ad-free courses, discounts for other creative programs and resources
Is Skillshare Worth It?
So, the big question is: Is the Skillshare price worth it?
We think so.
While Skillshare might not be the perfect fit for everyone, it’s a great fit for most people looking to learn new skills or pursue new hobbies and passions.
There are thousands of classes across just about every category imaginable, and the teachers are true experts in their field, so you know you’re getting good instruction.
Check out what these people have to say about it:
And don’t forget, there’s a one-month free trial, so you can always test it out before paying a cent to see if a Skillshare subscription is worth it for your situation.
Skillshare is an incredible online learning platform. It has thousands of classes perfect for creatives and entrepreneurs. Start your free month today!
Check out our Skillshare review for a deeper look at this platform.
Have any questions about Skillshare pricing or plans? Let us know by commenting below.